Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 11 | Ilija Rudman - Hibiscus Theatre

READY FOR THAT HEAT! Your buildups/samples are so out of this world and feels like surfing the cosmos it’s great, dope grooves! :beers:

@monquixote Sounds exotic! :eyes:

Nice… I love the filter work as always…

7 Likes

DISCO IN DA HOUSE! This beat feels like a disguised hard beat, and somehow I can hear nasty rhymes over this for a summer jam there’s a neat toughness to it :beers:

2 Likes

This one’s delicious too @BLKrbbt. Smashing it.

Ooof the sound that comes in midway through is nasty dope!

1 Like

Thanks @looms!

It’s a good sample!

This one was all from the track.

I got one more beat out of it that I want to take my time with and play in some synth parts to.

1 Like

It’s from Arturia’s MS20 filter!

2 Likes

Big props for your work ethic! I’ve got something on the go and hope to share soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wasn’t really feeling this sample at first TBH – too dense and layered to grab many interesting sounds and I don’t like sampling produced electronic music in general. But I found a couple bits that worked ok and took it in a direction. All samples are from the track (via octatrack), everything else is syntakt.

8 Likes

WOAH NICE BEAT! Wild use of the samples and such clean breakdowns/transitions! :beers:

1 Like

Here is my “experiment”. I really try to get better, but the results are :woozy_face:

As usual, feedback are very welcome.
Thankyou.

7 Likes

I just did a quick, albeit messy one levels wise, in Digitakt.
everything is from the sample including drums.
Only outside element is a bass tone.
I did try to filter a bass tone from the song supplied at first but I couldn’t filter it to sound right.

7 Likes

@emadb That was a fun groove man and dope reverse effect you have on the drums! :beers:

@Yabba Dreamy vibes, loved the sample usage and it’s reminiscent of a track that could be heard in a Champloo scene/OST! :beers:

(some of us have a hankering for using the chimes… have some in my lil loops too :tongue:)

2 Likes

Hi all, sorry I’ve been so quiet - life is a bit hectic for me at the moment so music time is few-and-far-between. Enjoying cacthing up on the tracks now, nothing short of excellent everyone!

@BLKrbbt Great groove and transitions very clean work mate!

@wumpushunter Wowza some killer sounds in there - those bends are lush - and that intro melody could be used to drop into something much harder - I was actually expecting something trappy.

@emadb I’d consider it a successful experiment! Not sure I have much of value to add in the way of feedback but I definitely enjoyed it🤘Would be cool to have a kind of breakdown or something super mellow and ambient sat in the middle of it - if you were to expand it into a full track, imo

@Yabba Nice chill vibes - I’m gonn ruin it with an acapella if you don’t mind I’m just looking for something now :v:

I had the same issue which is how I ended up with that staccato guitar sound near the end - I was expecting to make heavy use of that bassline but it’s quite harmonically rich I guess. I ended up using a bandbass a little over 1k to get that texture.

2 Likes

I’ve made three abortive starts on this so far and not got anything cooking.

I’m going to break the emergency glass and get the Polyend Tracker out this evening and see what we can do with it.

3 Likes

@Yabba Gave your track the UK treatment!

@monquixote Yes! Get on it, no failure state - try something new and see where it takes you :v:

4 Likes

@aarb420 @natehorn thanks for the feedback.
I will try do add a break.

2 Likes

Nice one :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers for doing that, I think it lends itself really nicely to the beat

2 Likes

This ended up in my live set earlier this week. Please forgive my sloppy pattern switching and noodling solos

3 Likes

@monquixote Sort of feels like this getting started sometimes… :beers:

@natehorn Not sure who’s rapping, but she sort of sounds like Eminiem on some parts of her verse and that was neat over @Yabba’s beat! :beers:

@malus_mons SMOOTH GROOVE AND NOODLES! What are you using for your soloing if you don’t mind me asking because the LFOs (?) sound pretty! :beers:

3 Likes