Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 09 | Discoteka Telephone - AGCP/DR CUTS

I lost months of partially complete Polyend Tracker projects when an SD card failed.

I was so stressed out by it I actually thought I was going to throw up.

Since then I’ve learned to get tracks done and then move on. In the long term it’s helped me.

3 Likes

:100:

1 Like

I do this even if tracks aren’t done. I just need to remind myself to get over myself.

No one is looking for me to produce. I’m not sending beats to 808 mafia and there are no record contracts on the horizon.

The caveat is that you have to produce music at least ever other day, or it’s just a hobby.

Too much effort and intention is involved for me not to call myself a music producer.

Maybe even a musician one day. But that day is near, since I’ve been thinking about making music everyday for over a year straight.

But the most important thing is to realize that NOBODY CARES! It’s all self validation.

Seeing the interest fade from peoples eyes as I excitedly tell them what I do or show them tracks tells me they just don’t understand what goes into making music from scratch. Even my piano teacher keeps playing “Don’t stop believing”, like it’s going to impress me that those 4 chords are all over pop music.

(Tangent)

God this teacher sucks. But it’s cheap, and why not, but I told him I wanted to play pentatonic scales, and learn gospel songs to play, scince I like that sound and can parse it in my production. I even told him I gravitate to A, E and G when I make melodies.

I even asked him to teach me bass lines, and he just dismissed it as being too advanced and keeps lecturing me on theory. It’s annoying because it’s valuable, but not what I want.

I’m in school. I told him I just wanted to have fun playing piano. And I’m still practicing scales. Just give me a song already!

Rant over.

4 Likes

Here’s mine.
It’s basically a remix of two attempts I rejected.
I wasn’t sure about the rejected ones but I quite like this one.
Either that or it’s the lager I’m drinking whilst making it telling me that :joy:

7 Likes

And here’s the two ideas I rejected and combined to make my beat

6 Likes

All three are dope in their own way! :beers: Really enjoy how everything builds up and gets spanked with the snare/“ahh!” That second upload that you remixed in to your main track is cool it’s on it’s own, too!

I think we may have used a similar element haha :yum: lager included!

1 Like

Wow… that phrasing is so good… I think I listen to too much edm and can’t focus on the slower tempos… Plus I use call and response too much…

1 Like

Beat

Beat + Nas - One Love

On the remix one, the acapella get’s weird towards the end verse, and I tried to cover it but regardless of what I threw at it, it was just not working out favorably, so it’s as found when downloaded. It’s the best version online that’s actually complete. The song is also just barely over the upload amount, hence the link! Also, went a little overboard turning down levels to accommodate the acapella, but I much prefer the drums on the instrumental version :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Oooh that’s heavy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks chap

I’ve got 20 years of semi pro function band guitar playing behind me so I know about music and stuff, but electronic is all pretty new to me.

1 Like

Hey guys, almost forgot to say thank you to @everyone for joining us and for dropping some hot :fire: on us last week! Lot’s of lovely sounds all around, and hope to see you all again on the next round! :beers:

3 Likes

Glad you did I’d apparently missed the latest few entries! :see_no_evil:

Sorry to those folks, just listened now - great jams!! Some serious beats at play from @Yabba and @aarb420 great work both :metal::metal: If you ever think I’ve missed your track DM me it was an accident…

2 Likes