Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 03 | Unknown Artist - Wealth

Beat + Black Moon = Gold.

1 Like

Haha thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!

Same problem mate! When I listened back after recording I had like a 5 minute loop :sweat_smile: Something about these beats and melodies.

This is lush mate - lovely listen and the melody you restructured into it is an earworm :clap:

This is hard! Great beat mate - you doing the scratching yourself?? Lots of really nice little elements in here hiding, waiting, to delight the listener :purple_heart:

2 Likes

On the AI topic I’m down with these tools, will have to check that one out @Switchmode

I sometimes use Waves’ Clarity VX if I have a vocal I need to clean up - less with acapellas and more for extracting audio from found footage - can be great at getting rid of unwanted noise and subtle musical elements :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah, those were some Kool G Rap scratches off of the song Fast Life with Nas. The songs I uploaded were actually much phatter and bass heavy initially and before limiting almost every track parameter to find a tiny distortion element on one track that was throwing every other track off :weary: Think it’s because I had a compressor neighbor track following the drum track but it was allowing all of the other samples around it to open up more, if that makes sense, but ultimately had to squash everything down to diet hip hop. :sweat_smile:

That’s dope is that what you used for your Obree track? Those vocal samples you drop on us are rare, and you’re getting some fantastic quality out of them :ok_hand: seems like a neat alternative if working with windows. :beers:

1 Like

Yea man - I have a little chain I sometimes use for vocals, Mono > EQ > Clarity VX > Vocal Rider - the Waves plugins are great if you can get them on sale.

1 Like

Hit the OT again and had a jam, couldn’t resist introducing a fat kick but otherwise it’s just the record :v:

3 Likes

HOOOOOOOOOOOO LET’S GO!! THAT WAS AWESOME MAN! :fire:
Super thick groove, fx are on point, that snare is damn delicious, and really loved and enjoyed that build up. I could listen to an hour+ of that easily, please make us a homework edit when you have the time!

2 Likes

Bums, only just spotted this.

Great work all.

3 Likes

haha thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed it

Careful what you wish for haha

Check back next week for the next challenge!

1 Like

1 Like

:rofl:

@1-2 never fails to hit things off nicely. Loving the lfo uses here!

@aarb420 ngl kitten started jumping off the walls when this started playing lmao! Scratches are hot and Black Moon fitting in perfect.

@natehorn Dropping two killer tracks you monster, and the setup is clean! The sounds you get are smooth.

@Switchmode They layers are candy and the way your tracks progress always a pleasure to hear. I don’t know what DJay Pro AI is, but if it lowers the amount of walls from getting your ideas out then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Thanks man! :beers: What is this about kitten?!?

1 Like

Found a little sliver of time to join on this one. The kick and cymbal are from Digitakt. Everything else is a sample. I got some good laughs out of this mission thanks to @reeloy.

4 Likes

This is incredible! :fire:

Such a fresh groove and your vocal samples are hilarious but catchy af! Well done on the production all of your sounds came out super clean! Looking forward to the HAHA X REELOY ALBUM :beers:

1 Like

…haha…for real…!

…u can contact me anytime, whenever u want, me reading out loud any of my bolderish statements…
u say jump and i say how high whatever u need and sent u a recording of that…
just in case u don’t want to use some text to voice generic app next time… :wink:
so let’s keep this gate clean…

…and thanx to @aarb420 , who really triggered me pretty into all this by now…
so i do a little something this afternoon without touching too much talk talk terretory…
some microsampling and plugin fukkery will do…

…and @1-2 …no need for any roast…that’s 3 track mindsets in one… cool.

hear u all later…

4 Likes

…can’t upload a lo res mp3 file of 6 mb directly here…!?

hmmmpf…

Should be able to I think the limit is like 10mb?

…ah, from here it worx…

thanx @natehorn for the intension and @aarb420 for challengin’ me into a nice halloween sunday afternoon…

so, here some microsample snippits from the “original”…
some filters, heaps of fx make up and some singin’ along…

no hardware…sorry…all bitwig…

3 Likes