Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 01 | Vels Trio - Yellow Ochre

Amazing stuff! This really goes places :raised_hands:

That vocal sample is amazing

1 Like

Many thanks, yeah I love those old Mega Drive (Genesis for USA folk) SFX

2 Likes

Yeah! Enjoyable for me :smiley:

Cool choppy sound with a nice punch. Im in to it. Kind of 80s 90s sounding i thought with a modern appeal. I just listened to it three times in a row to make it feel complete, but I could imagine it going other places in my head while listening, visualizing other layers coming in and such.

Great track! And welcome

2 Likes

This is my experiment…I’m quite new to sampling.

All sounds from the original track. Created and played live with my beloved Digitakt!

Please send me feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My feedback is that this is excellent well done :clap:

The wild vocal shot that comes in a bit after the one minute mark was an unexpected treat!

1 Like

That was a smooth beat can hear someone singing/rapping over it! Thank you for sharing with us! :beers:

1 Like

:man_shrugging::crazy_face:

5 Likes

AW MAN WHAT?!
Awesome stuff man that was wild! :muscle:

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Chill. I liked the glassy low end sound in there. The synthy parts were fun too. For some feedback I thought the hihat could be turned down a bit or drop out here and there to keep the mellow vibes going strong. Good job :+1:

2 Likes

Sweet. That sample destruction had a very vocal like quality to it

Such alien nanobot materialist deconstructions of wonderment but are they benevolent??? The music leaves this open-ended. Loved this.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah it evolved into this really, yeah id love to have taken it more in that direction of more layers coming in and out etc.

1 Like

I’ve had an Octatrack for about a month so very much a novice but last night managed to wrap my head around Merlin’s guide to using scenes and the crossfader. Happy days.

All sounds are taken from the nominated tune, then sliced, mangled and sequenced in Octatrack.

7 Likes

Just when I thought we were done my man @Switchmode drops a hot beat! Alright man, awesome track! :beers:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your awesome jams!

We’re (mostly @aarb420…) putting together a sample pack based on this track and will have a new track lined up for Saturday!

If you stumble in now or in the future would still be great to hear your jams based on the track :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Real nice. Got some darkness here not present in the original track, good tones and driving rhythm. Creative recontextualizing of the sample source

1 Like

For anyone that didn’t see the next sample is up! Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 02 | Brother Jack McDuff - Mystic John (1970)

Includes a link to a sample pack from the Vels track kindly contributed to by all of the folks above, it also includes copies of the tracks so you can make your own wicked-ass mixtape :vhs:

1 Like

Hadn’t seen this before, live Boiler Room set from Vels Trio, Yellow Ochre is their opener!

2 Likes

So I’ve been wanting to upload this but wasn’t sure it was my place but I’ve decided fuck it.

These tracks a buddy made as part of this challenge but for a few reasons didn’t make their way into the thread at the time - he’s not a member here yet so I can’t @ him but he goes by Heuman on SoundCloud - go give him so love.

Written recorded sung and performed by him. Any positive words I’ll pass on directly :slight_smile:

1 Like