Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 01 | Vels Trio - Yellow Ochre

aarb420 + natehorn’s bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza

Fellow Elektronauts, lurkers, friends! Me and @aarb420 have been working behind the scenes on a new sampling adventure for us all! Every two weeks we will post a track from our record collection, ideally something you’ve not heard before, you’ve got 1 week to sample it and create something original.

You can use as much or as little of it as you like, you just have to use it. No winners, no losers, just good times!

THE BRIEF

YOU have been selected by the notorious Global Sound Syndicate for a top-secret operation. Please share with your friends.

Mission:

1. Sample any part(s) of the track we’ve nominated
  2. Spend no more than 1 week turning it into music
  3. Post your creations here for us all to enjoy

When the week is over we’ll release a sample pack - if you want to contribute to this please feel free to send us your one-shots and slices!

Deadline: Sunday 1st October
Track: Vels Trio - Yellow Ochre Pt. 1

Compensation: Hearts and compliments from the community (not guaranteed)

Submit your stuff by Sunday 1st October, or face a brief moment of self-loathing.

Jams, full tracks, noodles - share whatever you like!

20 Likes

Cool! This sounds like a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Love the idea!

If you keep these going I might have time to participate in the next one.

3 Likes

:raised_hands: A lot of talented people in this community, yourself included mate - can’t wait to hear what you all do with it.

Already have a couple more tracks lined up :grin:

3 Likes

23 Likes

Holy cow I wish I could like this twice… amazing work! It just keeps giving something new…

2 Likes

So gooood. What a way to start things off.

Hot damn.

1 Like

Here’s a little jam from me, OT + AR

6 Likes

Nice. So other sounds are allowed here, not just sourced from the sample- I wasn’t sure so I used the sample only

2 Likes

I like this more than the original.

3 Likes

Me too.
Gave me year 2000 Ninja Tunes goosebumps
Could have easily sat in on the Funkungfusion compilation, and would have ranked among the top tracks if it had…
Great work, very inspiring!

4 Likes

YO, MAN, WHAT WAS THAT?!
That style gave such hard idnb vibes that I’ve lackluster-ly have been trying to achieve. That was dope and thanks for upping the ante :beers:

By the way, sorry to assume here, but you wouldn’t happen to be Wun Two by any chance, are ya?

2 Likes

AIIITE MAN, NOICE :muscle: Crispy beats popping out left and right, I’ll join soon!

1 Like

Absolutely! Sorry that wasn’t more clear, not that I think you suffered as a result :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@1-2 plus other elektro bros and broettes, we’re new to mission briefs, but we want to see funky jams take place, forever. This is our first draft, so if you have any suggestions on how to improve the format, please don’t hesitate to let either of us know! Or, sample suggestions, although there is already a long list of fresh samps to come, we’re open to hearing what you think might inspire some neat things to happen (from an actual record/song, preferably). Gotta keep the spirit alive, and can’t wait to see some more awesome things happen!

:beers:

3 Likes

No, never heard of em

1 Like

Another little jam, couldn’t help but dig into the Prelinger Archives!

4 Likes

AWESOME USE OF THE SAMPLE, MAN! The vocal sample is :ok_hand:

1 Like

:older_man:

Beat:

Some Mobb + Beat

6 Likes

Killer!! You guys are all making me look real lazy with my efforts, pawing at the heels of greatness.

Love the Mobb Deep version that’s album worthy.

2 Likes