Best YouTube channel to follow

Hör Berlin

3 Likes

Hopefully this guy puts out more stuff. I mean Holy hell the quality of sound and video!

1 Like

Domi and JD Beck are amazing.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Good topic. I watch a lot of YouTube. Enough to be worth paying for the commercial free version. I’ve watched about a third of the channels posted in this thread and will check out the others. Glad someone mentioned Free Beat. One I don’t watch anymore is SonicState. Their digital reviews are okay but I’ve seen some really bad reviews on analog gear where they come up with some esoteric requests that would triple the price of cheap analog gear. It’s like they don’t understand what it takes to wire all those special connections and options they keep asking for.

Did anyone mention
Sanjay C - YouTube

1 Like

Ayyyyy good to see I wasn’t forgotten! <3

1 Like

Is that an Instant Pot by the door? I don’t see that recommended often on this forum.

what’s an instant pot

And a nice guy I went to high school with that focuses mostly on finger drumming:

https://youtube.com/c/TheQuestforGroove

6 Likes

I love this guy with his soft southern (American) accent and abrasive electronic tones. He’s the chillest dude making not so chill sounds… Such a strange juxtaposition but it works.

1 Like

Idk if it’s what they called an instant pot, but what’s on his studio is a pressure cooker or a pressure pot, which allows for cooking faster than with normal pots; things that normally several hours to cook like red beans can be cooked in a very short time, like an hour or so (as long as you had them in water overnight), for example.

1 Like

ah I see, yeah we say pressure cooker, as strange as that would be for somebody else’s studio it’s somehow not so strange in cuckoos lol

“Pressure cooker” is the general term; “Instant Pot” is a very popular brand of electric pressure cooker. Just seems odd as you need a bunch of other stuff to go with it (a sink, utensils, food, spices…).

1 Like

Cuckoo’s a magician, probably has the rest of that stuff under his hat, the question is where’s his hat lol… I hope someone ask him about it and that he answers on camera because whatever he says is gonna be sample worthy

2 Likes

I like the content of Undulations’s channel but I have to admit that I usually listen to him speak on 2x and even then sometimes it is too slow

Yeah, that southern speed isn’t for everyone, but I process things a little slow, so it’s just right for me :slight_smile:

since I stopped buying gears ( 2+yrs) I stopped following gear channels…more interested in finding arrangement and composition channels that use gears ( plenty in the box types)

2 Likes

Checked the thread again but unless my eyes are really that bad, i didn’t see these ones :
(Channels direct link won’t display correctly so i’m posting links of single videos)

Sarah Belle Reid :

Helene Vogelsinger :

Bad Gear :

4 Likes

I love listening to Helene Vogelsinger. She doesn’t get enough attention in my opinion.

2 Likes

Looks like a lot of us are into the same stuff.
I’ll add one of my favorites. This person does rad FM covers of mostly video games, and sometimes other things.

I was having a rough time sharing the channel, so here’s my favorite thing they’ve done.

1 Like