Best way to share sounds & sample packs on a website?

Hi all, I’m thinking of starting a website with tutorials and sound experiments and want people to be able to follow along plus give away sample packs.
Just wondering what the best ways there are to let people d/l stuff with as little hassle as possible. Cheers

1 Like

google drive, dropbox, soundcloud, github (best for mixed content)

2 Likes

About 15 years ago I used to own a sound design community website with 55,000 members. This was before there was drop box etc. so I just had people email me the patches and samples and I would add them to the download database myself. This worked well enough at the time because it meant I could vet the files before adding them. These days you could probably find a good script for file upload and then allow users to report any dodgy files.

If you installed wordpress you could install the buddypress addon which lets you create groups. There are then addons for file sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m not sure I’d know how to run a Wordpress site though so thinking of going the Squarespace route.
I wonder if I’d be able to give visitors to the site access to every sample or file I ever upload provided they join my email list with something like Squarespace?

1 Like