Best way to revert to initial values in a project

I’m looking to sequence my Octatrack so I can do simultaneous parameter sweeps across many tracks, volume swells and fades, stuff like that. While I’m creating and demoing the master sequence, I’d like it if the values I change could go back to where they started whenever I stop. OT doesn’t seem to have a “send all MIDI values” function, so I’m wondering what the best workaround would be. I could copy the current Part and then just paste the original version over it every time I stray too far. I could also just reload the project, but that seems like it could be a buzzkill because of the time it takes. Any other ideas are welcome.

If you save the part you can reload it by pressing function+cue… :small_orange_diamond:

1 Like

It has it :
61 | Send request, 0 = all audio CC
:wink:
You want to sequence Ot with another sequencer?

1 Like

Yes! That’s awesome, thanks very much. Yeah, I want to turn the OT into a linear sequencer. Basically I’m trying to replicate the effect of having 10 hands and perfect timing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:sketchy: Tell us more ! :content:

1 Like

I have a Pyramid and I want to use it as an automator for the Octatrack. When I send CC61 to the OT and record the OT’s MIDI output to get a snapshot of all the control values, it only seems to record a couple of the tracks. I disabled the auto channel, and set it up so the Pyramid is sending CC61 value 0 to all 8 audio tracks and recording what gets sent back. Honestly, I think an easier method is to just copy the pattern when I start working, and anytime I want to get back “home” I can just paste it onto its original slot.

1 Like