Best way to learn Max & DSP

Any specific examples?

One other issue I have is…shit eyes.

I’d love to be able to make the default patcher font size larger. It keeps setting back to MAXs default on each new patcher.

AND the overall font. Reading the inspector…anything else in the UI kills my eyes. A complete deterrent. I’ve given up on MAX so many times cuz I just can’t see what I’m doing.

[and I’m only asking cuz I’ve searched forever and fucking give up]

Yeah, I was in a similar boat, got my wife to get me a massive monitor.

Everything’s massive now.

2 Likes

You can make a default template patch. Set up the fonts, colours etc as you want, then go into File menu and choose ‘Create Template’ then you name it and can also set it as default at the same time. To change the default template open the Preferences window and find the ‘Default Patcher Template’ option. It’s a drop-down menu with all the available templates. You can also increase the size of the font for the Max console in the same Preferences window.

Too tempting… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ya…I was just hoping they was a way to set defaults. It’s actually in the inspectors prefs, it just doesn’t stick.

Do you mean the Patcher Inspector? That option is only for the current patch. The way I just outlined above will persist on new patches.

Here’s the doc page:

I mean for all of max…

when im searching help on stuff…the text is SO damn small :frowning:

not the easiest but you can decrease the display resolution to something like 1980x1080 to scale everything, you can either put the Display menu to be always shown on the Menu Bar by setting it from System Settings > Control Center > Display > Always Show in Menu Bar, or use something like Resolution Menu to quickly switch between resolutions (there are other commercial solutions but I like open source stuff).

Ya, thanks. I hate messing with my computer rez tho. Fucks all the icons on the desktop. I like a clean ship.

fuckin old people problems :frowning:

1 Like

Not sure I can help you there. Why not send an e-mail to Cycling74 support?

1 Like

Great post, please share more resources for learning

Hard to learn if you cant read the instruction :wink: