Best use of Rytm ive seen so far... VSnares

hmm

Aaron Funk often uses an old, non-working (makes no sound but still sends midi) Machine Drum to sequence too, by the way. He mentioned it in an interview at one point, and I saw it in the bottom corner of a video he did to tease his Traditional Synthesizer Music album about a year ago. That may be it. Then again, Aaron makes it his personal mission to push any gear well beyond that of anything we ā€œmere mortalsā€ would come up with

Lanois and Funk are both Canadian. That must be the connection between the two

1 Like

Seems like thereā€™s an album from the duo coming soon: https://venetiansnares.bandcamp.com/album/venetian-snares-x-daniel-lanois

Edit: listening to the album now and it sounds both pleasant and fracturedā€¦

Where are you listening to the album, Iā€™ve only seen a single track for prelistening?

Advance promo :wink:

Edit: some live dates too:

Live Shows:

29/04/2018 donaufestival
Krems, AT

03/05/2018 Funkhaus
Berlin, DE

04/05/2018 Village Underground
London, UK

14/06/2018 (le) Poisson Rouge,
New York City US

1 Like

Always surprises me the difference in energy level between electronic music and those who perform it. This video is the first time Iā€™ve seen VS perform. Iā€™ve listened to a lot of his stuff on Spotify however. I just had this mental image of a frantic, mad scientist, high energy musician performing. So to see a chill dude is always confusing to my brain at first.

Kinda the same with electronic music in the 90s. I had lots of CDs but rarely ever saw the person or duo performing the music, so I assumed that it was like a huge party when they were making music. So to see them in a video kinda chill and turning knobs here and there just feels weird to me. I guess I expected them all to be high energy with lots of people performing, like Lords of Acid.

Not dissing any of them - they are incredibly talented - itā€™s just odd visually for my brain given what the music sounds like. I guess an analogy would be punk or heavy metal: high energy music but the musiciansā€™ energy level is often the same as the music.

1 Like

Grrrrrrr!
Iā€™ll have to wait until May then! I ordered the CD to get the bonus stuff tooā€¦

I must admit I only care for VS here, not heard anything I like from DL so hopefully it will be collaboration that I can stomach!

Iā€™d say after a first listen through the whole thing that itā€™s an interesting collaboration, not far off the atmosphere found on the Rossz Csillag Alatt SzĆ¼letett LP, which featured strings among the breakcore. Itā€™s not an entirely obvious or smooth collaboration, but VS rarely does the expected.

1 Like

Well if it is up to the standard of RCAS then Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy it.
The track for streaming now has some classic VS moves and sounds, over what I presume to be the ambient textures of DL.

Anyways thanks for the info!

1 Like

Does someone know if he used a Monomachine on Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding?
I know he used to have a Mono and I donā€™t have an idea of where he used it, But everytime I listen to this record it screams MnM for meā€¦

1 Like

Yeah I have the same feeling. I think he used the mono and the machinedrum on that record. It sounds like crazy digitalsynthesis atleast. And it was around the time those two beasts came out.

2 Likes

Just have to chip in here and say that is easily, easily, by far and away one of the greatest albums I have ever heard!
I love it! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Me too! I even prefer it over the hungarian one.

1 Like

Now I know what I will listen to tomorrow

1 Like

Totally!!
It sounds so fresh, 0 nostalgia, 100% futurism, sounds as if it was released tomorrow :star_struck:

3 Likes

ItĀ“s one of those albums I always put on any device I use to listen to music.

2 Likes