Best samplers 2020 via music radar

1 Like

A lot of advertisement on this site. It’s ridiculous.

6 Likes

Their best synths of 2019 article was such a disaster I’m wary of MusicRadar unless the article is written by somebody like Scot Solida

5 Likes

:blush:

8 Likes

looks alright with ublock origin

2 Likes

Still misleading though.

3 out of the top 4 (including the top 2 spots) just goes to show that no one has touched Elektron in the sampling category for quite some time. And Octatrack is still kicking ass years after its initial release.

3 Likes

OT should be number 1, IMHO.

10 Likes

MusicRadar is more a site for press releases and paid promotion than it is a site for genuine news and reviews :slight_smile:

But I still like looking through their “10 best Keyboards in the world right now” lists or equivalent (and usually something like the Akai MPK mini will be like No. 3 or 4 lol)

1 Like

Nice job, :3lektron:

Agreed. But theres no arguing it’s the more accessible of the two.

Norns should be on that list imho, however low.

1 Like

Good look for Elektron.

I feel bad for AKAI.
Top 2 are Elektrons and #4, the MS doesn’t even sample (I still love it, but it means this Best of list has an elephant sized caveat)

Volca Sample beat the MPC One?
They might want to recalibrate their uhhh, Radar.

2 Likes

This list is almost identical to 2019’s, save for the inclusion of the MPC Live MK2. Can’t remember what was in its place; I’ll guess Live MK1 though…

Fine on Opera in adblocking mode too.

I assumed Music Radar pages just showed up entirely blank if an ad blocker were engaged.

6 Likes

PO-33 should be 1 on that list. For the price and function, KO for life! That little dude puts a smile on my face every time I use it. So simple but so powerful.

2 Likes

Did they leave any sampler off the list?

Sp404

5 Likes

TE PO-33 is #12

2 Likes

I wonder what a pure sample player (M:S), which cannot sample, is doing on this list.

3 Likes

MS and Volca Sample are in cahoots.