Best presets for playing piano chords

Hi :raising_hand_man:t2: all
I’m currently decomposing a song that I would like to cover using the DN. The original song is played only with an upright out of tune piano … and I would like to know a consensus on what DN presets are best for making piano chords? Keep in mind chords are not played like single notes they’re a combination of notes. The clearer the better I would assume to benefit from the different tonalities ?? Thanks.

1 Like

Depends on the presets you have, but Any electric piano is good…
the soft keys preset is a simple electric piano, not sure if it is a factory preset though

1 Like

Yeah the ‘Soft Keys’ is a preset on the DN
For now I’m just trying to get an overall consensus on the best DN presets for producing piano chord sounds to try out. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t think you will ever establish a consensus, but you might consider the suggestions in another topic, beginning with this post:

3 Likes

Thanks for your contribution Peter,
Albeit somewhat minimal.

However like a good little Elektron consumer I’ve already scoured the Elektronauts Forum prior to making my post asking about such things.

The link you provided is such an old thread now - and perhaps by chance I’d like to think that maybe someone else (another Elektron consumer) may have had some new developments on this topic.

I’ve also followed a YouTube tutorial on formulating a FM synth ‘piano’ sound, to which I’m now currently using.

Cheers :beers:

If I remember correctly, my flatmate regularly visits the presets ‘Kumow hz’ and ‘Kumo hz’ in the DN for something inbetween e-piano and pads

Edit: I suppose with some configurations in Terms of velocity modulation and such

1 Like