Best Polysynths you can buy right now?

Very different beasts. Rev2 has that « Prophet6 » glorious sound but for a fraction of the price. That’s an amazing synth that sounds… so good! It’s warm, sharp, it’s bitimbral… That said, Iridium/Quantum are the King of DIGITAL ambient/soundscapes/weird sequences

Like i said before: Quantum/Iridium + Rev2 is a dream combo

1 Like

:metal:t2::+1:t2:

Guys thanks so much for your input. First post of mine that ever gets traction, but its 1 am im Barcelona and have to work 2mrw to afford this hobby :slight_smile:

Cheers and thanks for your input

2 Likes

It’s ASM Hydrasynth, not AMS.

That would be the Alan Sugar version.

3 Likes

Piggybacking this. I feel like minilogue xd deserves some sort of recognition but running with these big bois is tough, this is a steep list…I think it deserves at least a top seat on the ‘best affordable synths’ list (equally scrappy territory).

4 Likes

One to consider for the list could be the Behringer Deepmind 12. Still surprises me after a few years of its warm, sonic capabilities and great sounding filter.

1 Like

IMO deepmind 12 is the only thing actually competing with xd on this figurative ‘best affordable synths’ list. That desktop version has tempted me more times than I can count.

4 Likes

If the Poly D can be on this list, the XD surely can…

2 Likes

Me too! It does look very tempting

I would add Dreadbox/Polyend Medusa (towards the top) of this current list too.

2 Likes

For mid/low priced poly, I think the Prologue gets overlooked a lot. I picked my Prologue 8 for under $1k last year during Black Friday, and I think it sounds great. Maybe not as much range as some others (although it has a lot of versatility), and I guess it sounds “Japanese” (which I think is a way of saying not Moog-like), but a good all-round choice on a budget.

5 Likes

Yeah I tried the Prologue out in a store once and it sounded beautiful. Definitely an underrated synth.

3 Likes

It’s also a surprisingly nice synth in person–great build quality, nice design, wood cheeks, etc! I think Korg overshadowed the Prologue line with the XD and never really pushed the Prologues for some reason, but it ticks a ton of boxes for me. I have a bunch of monosynths as well as a Deepmind 12 and an A4, but honestly the Prologue is my go-to synth. It blows the Deepmind out of the water (which is fine, since the Deepmind cost me half what the Prologue cost), and it’s much more immediate (and more voices) than the A4 in poly mode.

That said, I sometimes wonder why I didn’t just save my money and get a Moog One instead of buying all the lower-priced synths I have… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I mean if the poly D is in there the minilogue/XD should be there for sure! :smiley:

2 Likes

“Had”? How did it turn out?

1 Like

The MODX.

2 Likes

Definitely the Elektron Digitone, that’s a no brainer!

5 Likes

Minilogue XD is on my list. All of the Korg mini/prologues seem to have a very large sweet spot range. They just sound good to me.

Have the (for me!) most amazing poly synths in my rack: Access Virus (TI2) & ASM Hydrasynth.

1 Like