Best IPad sequencers

Just in case you don’t know how to use it, In AUM, you’ll load a MIDI channel up, then load up FM and SPA. Route FM to SPA, then SPA out to your Electribe. If you have a USB hub and a MIDI controller, you can map it to SPA’s settings and have tons of live control over the arp settings like on the Octatrack. Also, if you have a DN or DT, they’ll both work as USB audio and MIDI with the iPad.

1 Like

Thesys by Sugar-Bytes is a beast

3 Likes

Atom might be of interest. Riffer is cool also.

1 Like

Thankyou, I’ll take a look at Atom.

Thankyou, I’ve used sugar bytes stuff before and always found them user friendly.

Thank you for the knowledge. Just one more question (sorry), why would you route FM to
SPA? Maybe my mind doesn’t understand AUM routing just yet, but I thought you would route FM to Electribe (to control upto 4 channels), and then route SPA separately to Electribe (to control another channel)?

You can check out those two:

and

3 Likes

Not yet mentioned, I reckon Patterning 2 would take an Electribe to new frontiers. On top of boundless polyrhythmic and polymeteric sequences, it can also do melodic sequences, and parameter sequencing as well, including randomization and conditional trigs.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you!

I was under the impression that patterning was drum sequencing only, but I’ll look into this. Sounds great!

Riffer - a bit gimmicky - more for beginners learning music theory.

Fugue Machine - creates lovely looping harmonies but limited beyond that use.

Patterning / Drambo - amazing drum pattern sequencers.

Longer term you would do better with other more conventional linear sequencers such as:
Cubasis, Atom2

2 Likes

Worth mentioning - I’ve been using Xequence 2 for about a week, and so far I’m really really loving it. There’s no sound generation, but it interfaces with AUM and whatever you’ve got loaded in there really well.

It’s largely for linear sequencing - using clips and loops - but it has a “generative” sequencer (called PolyHymnia) built-in that seems promising.

2 Likes

I really like X2 but switched to Atom 2 because it works within AUM and also integrates tightly with LP Pro 3 for clip launching

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think I’m gonna bother with riffer. After watching a few videos, it doesn’t seem very musical. More an ideas generator I guess.

Thank you. I’ll add to my ever growing list!

Highly recommend.

2 Likes

@JCFAX81 Drambo is all you need :wink:
I say this since you are posting this in an Elektron forum. It’s the closest app we have to an OctaTrack and Digitakt on the iOS platform.

All the other suggestions are great, but Drambo will give you so much freedom in a perfectly designed app.

My humble opinion of course :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

SPA can be used as a sequencer, but it’s better as an arp having midi fed into it. You’re basically using FM as the crazy piano roll and SPA as the arpeggiator. FM can also assign each playhead to a different midi channel, as well as tons of other combos. AUM is basically a utility for routing, hosting, recording, and a ton of other things. Think a DAW with no playlist/time-line. It’s basically a host to build your own crazy modular setup.

1 Like

Fully shared opinion. Drambo is by far the best iOS music app IMO.

1 Like

Does drambo sequence program change midi commands?