Best Groovebox: Syntakt vs Digitakt

I find everything I make on the MC-707 sounds like 90s techno. Not a bad thing if that’s what I’m after, but the Syntakt is great for more modern techno.

3 Likes

= digitakt

1 Like

in my opinion…if you use single cycle waves on the digitakt you can come close to the synth-possibilities of the syntakt (of course, there are excepts…). + you can use “real” samples…

Nope. God uses stereo samples…

5 Likes

“God” is everywhere, and therefore uses some form of surround sampling.

6 Likes

If the supreme court uses Digitakts that seems like a great reason to use smth else ^^

3 Likes

Agreed.

Nope, God converts them to mono first :rofl:

5 Likes

Oops. You’re absolutely right : it’s a monotheist normal procedure…:wink:

8 Likes

haven’t used a Syntakt, but Digitakt is probably the most addictive, fun machine I’ve ever used.

4 Likes

I returned my Syntakt because I thought it sounded too much like retro Blade Runner.
Although, it’s not so much the gear that makes a user sound a specific way. Maybe your music just sounds like 90s techno?

My very first groove box and totally regret selling it. I tried the new Electribe sampler (twice) and it just didn’t replicate the experience.

Syntakt is even more so IMO! Amazing box. I do prefer synthesis to sampling though (although a simple sampler on the Syntakt would make it perfect!)

2 Likes

Yes it’s in my blood :smile:

3 Likes

But you seem to prefer much newer synths like MB33 no ? :wink:
(I bought one since we talked about it, I may prefer my X0X heart. but it requires cv/gate)

1 Like

I did really like the MB-33’s, but the encoders went so I sold them for parts. I currently have a TD-3, MO, TB-03 and T-8. Space is an issue now days though so the T-8 has become my go to for acid :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i really dont get it. i could not care less about what a synth manufacturer has intended with their synth or how the demos and presets sound.

i only care about the sounds i want, and how high the obstacles are to get them.
on the syntakt, the obstacles are comparatively low.

~

but anyway! since i am about to go into the elektron trap and plan on getting a digitakt to pair with my syntakt, i wonder the following:

is it possible to have lfo -> sample slot in a specific range so i can have automatic round robin (of, lets say i recorded 5 strong hits on an acoustic snare)?

4 Likes

let’s face it - does any one here actually hand on heart, :two_hearts: the sound of the Syntakt?
This forum has many many examples of the DT sounding amazing with the right sample and the compressor. The Syntakt maybe only a couple of decent sounding examples to date - IMHO of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No round robin because you don’t have any increment function, but you can assign a random lfo to sample slots, works perfectly.

@Jeanne Did you considered the Octatrack ? (Even MKI)
I think it would suits you better…

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have you heard about sound synthesis?

3 Likes