Best Elektron pairs

I bet that sounds good. Are you using the filters on your A4 with the DN?

DN + DT or A4 + AR

1 Like

Still on this and the more I explore synthesizing percussion with the Digitone, the more I love this pair for electro tracks. Those sounds, sampled in, with OT scenes… just heavenly.

2 Likes

Hoping to get a DN soon to make my DT + DN pair!

1 Like

My two cents:
DN has more voices, sounds better and is easier to use. IMO!

DN + OT = 3 DN … :horse: Another solution for your funky friday

2 Likes

Not yet. I adore the DN sound as it is

3 Likes

With the release of the M:C I figured now’d be a good time to dust off this thread and see if there are any new pairings people have discovered.

I’m working with the DT/DN combo now, and while I’m having fun, the DN hasn’t really been clicking with me lately. I find I spend too much time trying to dial in sounds on the DN (because I suck at FM synthesis lol) and then the beat I’ve crafted on the DT starts to feel stale.

I’m tempted to sell my DN and replace it with a M:C which I think I would enjoy for its ease of use. Feed the DT drum sounds from the M:C and leave the 6 tracks free for melody and other wackiness. Obviously it’s not as robust as the DN, but I think that’s a payoff I’d be willing to make for the immediacy the M:C seems to have. However, I’m not totally in love with the sound of the DN, so I’m worried I might get tired of the MC’s even-more-restricted sonic palette as well…

On the other hand, I might have the opportunity to trade the DN for a Rytm Mk I straight up, which seems tempting.

Anyway, what are some Elektron pairs yall been digging lately?

Octatrack + 2 iPad and an Iconnectivity audio4+
= awsome versatile combo :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

I can imagine Cycles and Peak would be nice together.

But MD and MM
Or DT and DN

MD + DN :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Before giving up on the digitone too quickly, you could try to just concentrate on creating patches. Don’t leave a beat on the DT running, just focus on the DN. Create at least 30 different patches and see how far you can push the sound in isolation.

3 Likes

DN+MDUW+mkii

A4+Rytm

2 Likes

OT+DN ! Feels like coming home after a long journey of fieldrecordings on cell phone, monotrons, volcas and monologue, various fx boxes, bastlekastles, pocketoperators, DT and iPad apps…

3 Likes

Amending mine to MS+OT, for 2020.
But you all knew that already.

The immediacy and portability of MS is a big factor. I make tunes on my sofa with a small battery pack.
I can use OT to turn those into a compelling live performance with FX, looping, slicing.

It caught me completely by surprise that my gripe with the DT (no kit browser/kit paste) would be a non-issue on MS thanks to the fast, knobby interface.
1 pattern is all I need. On DT, keeping to one pattern felt more limiting due to all the paging around.

The MS+OT combo reminds me of my old MPC2KXL + Mixer + FX setup from 20 years ago that was loads of fun.
Banging on pads, pushing around start points on 2 second loop samples to find interesting phrases, live FX tweaks, doing it all live.
It’s like a time machine to back when I was just getting a career in techno started. The world was my oyster.
It’s hard not to love that.

3 Likes

The DT + DN is a great combo. I regret selling my DT so I’m getting one again to complement the DN. The idea is to use samples and to make easier the transitions for my live set. I also evaluated the OT and M:S, but I prefer being immediately productive instead of learning a new box.

OT + {fill in the gap}

4 Likes

My weapon of choice is DT + VSTHost on computer
DT connected in USB OB to my computer, running VSTHost with the beast RX950 plugin + arturia preamp and compressor, and sample back in the DT. That for the creation. For jamming, just the DT is enought. But I’m not a pro, I don’t do live, so maybe just one DT is not enough for pro live show.
Btw, I’m thinking to get another hardware to go with DT but nothing make me GAS (maybe M:S or OT…)

Pretty much this :slight_smile:

My initial pairing was
OT + DT
Then
OT+A4
Then
OT+eurorack
Currently
OT+M:C

As soon as I can wrap my head around it, it’ll be
OT+M:C+eurorack. Want some quality time with the M:C before integrating it into the system.

I would think OT+DN could be an amazing pairing

1 Like