Best audio output configuration for live?

Am planning on using the OT and Rytm live and running them through my mackie mixer. I find the signal a bit muddy when all the Rytm drum channels are on the out as a stereo pair and so was planning on taking the kick, snare and hats separately, perhaps a few other channels as well.

I will also have the main stereo out of the OT and then a few separate mono channels from it that I will route through effects pedals for some mangling.

So I assume I will use balanced cables for the outputs which will run through the guitar pedals and balanced for the rest?

Does routing the audio out via separate outs help get a more dynamic final sound, given that I will be able to EQ individually?

If I just want the kick from the kick/tom TRS output from the Rytm, do I still have to use a Y Cable and the panning option?

Sorry for what are pretty noobie questions, Don’t have my OT and Rytm at hand.

I’m not sure I would say it’s “more dynamic,” but different and easy to eq/pan/level etc, giving a different result.
I abandoned using a mixer in an effort to have a small rig, and the opportunity to dial in the best I can do out of the RYTM. Granted, I miss having a mixer and often debate getting another on, but I haven’t yet.
Thing is, when using the individual outs on RYTM, you loose the effects and compressor.
Personally I like the way it all gels together in the RYTM, it just takes a lot of time invested.
If I were to incorperate a mixer, I would also be looking to add a compressor on the mater, and some effects on the sends. The gear starts stacking up.

Yes, but the cable will split the signal, no panning necessary to split them up.

With a flexible mixer you might be able to route all channels after equalizing back to the input of the rytm and still use the compressor is guess?

Depend on your inner mixing of the drums

Yes good, i do kind like of the same 2 mono Bus + 1 Stereo bus

I generally route as separate what’s very loud in the low end and need a real attention in terms of mixing, separate what i need to compress a lot and individually. Generally the RED Zone in from 20Hz to 400/600Hz all the other things take place better together and in the master bus (meaning your machine outputs and the use of the internal FX is just fine…

i use this Four of those cable :

hmm, possibly, didn’t think of that.
As long as you set the RYTMs routing to avoid feedback, it should work.

Hmmm…I didn’t realize that using individual outs bypasses the effects section. I will just have to do some audio tests and see whether using the individual outs is worth the effort for a live set. I wouldn’t be panning anyway as it’s just safer to keep it in mono for different venues. Not sure if it is worth going the individual route aside from with the OT as I’d like to use a few odd guitar effects on one of the tracks throughout the set.

Thanks everyone