Ben Prunty - FTL Soundtrack <3 <3 <3

So I listened to a Swedish podcast called P3 Dystopia the other day, and I heard this melody appearing a couple of times in some segments of the podcast, and I just knew I’d heard it before. Such a good tune, I remember. It took me an afternoon and then it hit me! The track came from this iOS game I played a couple years back! So I googled the soundtrack and it was the Mantis (Explore) Theme. I have since had this album on repeat for 2 days. Just goes to show what magic you can make with mostly super basic sounds. This guy is a real inspiration to me.

the album

the track from the podcast

And it takes me back to the game as well. If any of you have not yet played this, drop what you are doing, go home and buy this game. It’s that good! Well, if you’re into space crafts, awesome music and banging-your-head-against-the-wall-difficulty settings! <3

5 Likes

I’d actually love to have this on vinyl, but seems everyone else is thinking the same on discogs haha. I’d gladly get it off anyones hands if you have it!

I played their newest game Into the Breach obsessively on Switch, great music as well. I’ve had FTL for a while but haven’t played it yet, the music sounds awesome.

Yeah, I did as well. Another solid game, but really, FTL is a masterpiece!

1 Like

It’s also one of my favorite :slight_smile:
Thx for putting this out !

Have you played Hyper Light Drifter ?
There as well the sound is half of the game experience!

2 Likes

I haven’t! I have thought about it many times though. With a recommendation from a fellow FTL:er i now must :slight_smile:

1 Like

listening to the HLD OST now, beautiful stuff <3

1 Like

I guess you guys are already familiar with that one? It’s pretty cool too <3.

1 Like

Ben Prunty released an unofficial FTL EP a few years ago that was awesome. Check it out!

1 Like