Behringer Wasp

Various, Doepfer makes a filter and matches color too. There are others.

No, it is sold new by Bax Music.

I thought of that, but doubt it, it has been selling. The WASP gets into the Sweetwater printed catalog as for instance, and that means they are selling well through Sweetwater. The whole Behringer semi-modular line has done fairly well, from the lists i’ve seen.

1 Like

Oscillators, though? I can’t find any.

1 Like

I did not say that it did not sell well but maybe still under estimation / calculation of B? Who knows… but then again I would like to know how the cat is doing. They simply launched too many clones of old monosynths and Wasp and Cat might not be the most iconic of that range and among the latest ones released.

1 Like

You’re right. Filters yes, but osc, haven’t found one yet. But the original Wasp was really known for their filter anyway. So ADDAC makes a Eurorack Wasp filter too.

ADDED to chain25: Yeah the B. CAT has always sounded good to me too. So are you saying then that perhaps B will sell off stock and drop the WASP product ?

2 Likes

True. I’ve had a rack mount pair of wasp filter clones. Lovely breakup when driven.

If I were in the market for a stereo pair these days (which I am not because I am now owned by my Analog Heat) I’d go straight for this one:

Love how you can control both L and R cutoff on one knob.

2 Likes

My guess is as good (or bad) as yours. Just can not imagine those two selling the same amount of units like Model D or Pro One.
And to contradict myself: The B-synth clone that had the most significant price drop is the TD3 and I massively doubt that not enough sold units is the reason.

1 Like

Add to those two the Neutron. I frequently am baffled by B’s sales and marketing strategies, for instance the Solina, and they have worked hard on that. I can’t think that their many many Eurorack modules are selling in great volumes, and they keep adding new ones to the list.

So who knows, but speculating about things is a fine creative activity.

So we all can sit back with some pop-corn for the next part of the B synth story.

1 Like

Yes, that is true and I guess their vocoder clone sold even worse. Can imagine that some of their projects is just Uli fulfilling some personal dreams for himself not caring too much about sales figures. Revenues for clones like RD6/8/9 and before mentioned synths probably allow that room of niche products and personal fulfillment.
The Eurorack stuff on the other hand leaves a very strategic impression in my point of view.

1 Like

Just received a brand-new wasp Deluxe! Still not sure if I want to keep it, but at 154€ it’s kind of insane not to keep it…

(edit) that’s the price of a Korg volca modular…

4 Likes

From memory thinking back to studying the OG schematics I’m pretty sure it’s not a straight forward task asking CV control to the Wasp? I don’t thing the OG had any CV interface… much of the instrument is based around logic CMOS logic chips and I think there’s a fair abound of digital control going on between the different elements of the synth rather than the standard voltage control. I could be totally wrong tho, I’ve slept many times since then!