Behringer Vocoder VC340

Behringer Vocoder VC340 gets officially released online

Do we have a price yet? YES! According to the synth party the price will be $599 and it will be released in March.

Old Vid

New Vid

I am officially ready for my first real Behringer instrument product.

1 Like

I got the Roland boutique version it has some extra stuff and sounds great, but I rarely ever use it, just like every other vocoder, fun for a little while but gets old fast (for me). The string and voice sections are why I keep it TBH, definitely has that Kraftwerk sound.

1 Like

Yea that’s the thing with vocoders, sexy but short honeymoon and finally silence :grin:

1 Like

A mostly positive review from G-Storm Electro.

2 Likes

because they are marketed as clones their primary reviewing vector should be… are they identical to what they’re cloning? (besides the keyboard)

The originals are highly prized for the string ensemble sections. I’m not short of a string machine (or 5) but I’d like to add one of these to the collection once they hit the second hand market.

The Crave on the other hand… again I’ve got everything it does covered but I’m a sucker for synth/seq combo’s…can’t wait to get one!

3 Likes

Great video. The first two minutes was so emotionally affecting for me – a real surprise, i think it is the combination and repetition of the heart felt human lyrical poem, in the artificial voice and the harmonic movement in vocoder. The other examples were well done too. The examples of vocoder drums are innovative and more like an effect rather than vocoder.

These examples make me think about various text to speech systems and how they might work in this.

Hmm. Maybe the $500 for the VC340 does fit.

2 Likes