Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

:dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

Acid, Mean, Deep

Hopefully with better (=full) midi support :wink:

4 Likes

or a mk2?
audio didn’t scream devilfish mod to me, but they can never quite the sound right anyway.

3 Likes

Probably that ‘murdered out’ mod
Terrible name.

I can’t see them doing multicoloured versions this time, they must’ve saturated the market ( sales and colour wise) with those.
There will probably be a new obsession with the filter circuit used too
I doubt they’ve gone full midi / midi cc.
I may buy one if it’s under £199

3 Likes

Would it be a possibility that they are remaking a lot of their existing synths using new chipsets they can make themselves to bypass the shortages from China?

I see the new 808 clone is using a new chipset they created themselves.

Maybe they are going to work through their existing range with suggested tweaks. In this case the devilish mod they mentioned before

4 Likes

I believe the 303 included the chip they’ve recreated for the RD-8, so maybe they’re going to pitch that as an improvement, though I’m not sure how much direct difference it would make. Just pre-adjusting the cutoff trim in the factory would go a long way. And this racing stripe here I feel is pretty sharp.

2 Likes

TD3 has been sellling for 85€ new, so it looks like a new version is coming. Would be great if they could keep the 150€ release price.

The mod I would want most is accent trigger out. It is so fun to sequence 0-coast/DFAM osc from it and run them through TD3’s filter/env

Devil fish modification and a switch to using the CoolAudio BA662 OTA, same as the RD 8 mk2

I wouldn’t hold my breath for midi control such as cc… that would involve a total redesign with a micro controlling all the analogue circuits. Can’t see that happening.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s an eurorack module ?! :thinking:

if they could shave about half the height off the original that would be great. td3 is like a big aul shoebox. the state of it. :joy:

3 Likes

someone on Youtube wrote:

acid = TD-3
mean = Devil
deep (in the ocean) = Fish

i want to believe.

1 Like

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p6qy9wmEEBA

4 Likes

Somewhat inevitable, I wonder if they struck a deal with Robin Whittle in the end, I suspect not.

Looks like they added a sub osc, as well as the DF stuff.

From what I’ve read they offered him 15k but he wanted royalties so negotiations broke down

I’ll probably buy one , not sure about the colour and I’d like to hear more audio examples , I’m not so bothered about screaching distorted 303, I prefer clean wibbles and wobbles.

Update - that leak seems to indicate it has midi cc/midi way of doing filter cutoff but that’s about it … still would be an improvement

And if I were considering getting an Avalon I’d check this out in advance. In reality I rarely used extended slide times / gate tweaking but triggering modulation envelope did work well ( mo doesn’t have that )

1 Like

It actually looks kinda cool imo. Glad they went with “Modded out” instead of “Murdered out” which was cringeworthy.

I won’t buy one though. I can’t stand the original 303 style sequencer. My TD-3 sits on the shelf looking ridiculous and I barely touch it.

Behringer TD-3 MO is a modded version of the TD-3 (obviously based on the Devilfish mod). If that’s any useful, here’s my short feedback. I think, the original devilfish - at least the one I had given the chance to try - sounded more “liquid”. Also, I prefer the sound of the resonance of the basic TD-3 model.

BUT - it’s a good bassline that brings a different sonic color to acid, techno, or other electronic music productions. I especially liked Filter CV keyfollow and filter FM.

Here’s a link to the product page at Thomann but I guess it will take a couple of weeks until the first shipment starts.

5 Likes
2 Likes

From the advert - “Filter midi control”
Is it just cutoff or res / env too?

I feel like I’m crazy or youtube compression totally killed the sub oscillator for me. Could not hear the difference.

devil fish mod creator tried to reach a deal with behringer but Uli wouldn’t agree to terms.

2 Likes