filter cutoff controllable via MIDI CC

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :v:

Just ordered the yellow one at Thomann.

1 Like

direct links to hi-res pics if someone needs them:

1 Like

That’s not the entire story.

agree totally, the official behringer vid wasn’t a great demo of sonic possibilities, the other vid had better examples but yes, the sound ain’t right/special enough for me. the devilfish “chirps” and can sound truly alien, this sounds much more constrained. (still want one tho… :frowning: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQTfKgG8ew

1 Like

Pre-ordered… 🤦😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEjnRM2cSiU

The manual MIDI data-sheet confirms, exactly one CC 74 for filter cutoff (not resonance or anything else).

1 Like

That midi implementation feels low effort, but it’s better than nothing (looking at you, Korg reissues that only receive notes)

or put another way
Uli tried to reach a deal with Devil Fish but Robin wouldn’t agree terms

1 Like

No-brainer… will totally upgrade once they’re in stock.

This German site has a good review, which is perfectly readable through Translate:

Sounds whistle-y, harsh and thin, never heard a DF sound like that, but personally was not a fan of that mod either.

Still, looks like it will sell in droves, the DF was notoriously hard to get and expensive, requiring a tb-303, overseas customers to ship to Australia, with import duty to pay on way back, it was rather expensive as you had to pay for it to be fitted rather than just buying a kit and DIYing.

Obviously after the failure to make a deal with Whittle (who was being a bit unrealistic IMHO) they were just going to copy it anyway.

I suspect we are not done with 303 type synths from Behringher, too much of a cash cow to not keep milking the legacy of the original, I bet MK2’s of the TD-3 and the MO are already being planned.

4 Likes

The best acid was always the cleanest acid.
In my opinion anyway.

The raw sound of Roland’s square wave is just gorgeous to my ears.

One day I’ll finish my X0xbox project!

8 Likes

I’d guess
Euro rack version
Euro rack filter / vco elements
A more expanded model D format desktop ???

I’ve ordered a silver one from andertons … the wait has started. I presume it’s ‘ shipping from behringer warehouse’ as that’s the term they use on their recent gear.

And once maffez gets one there might be more mods ( eg making it ‘liquid etc) similar to his normal mods.

I need to sell something now.

1 Like

I´d bet. Enough “inspiration” already in the wild.

1 Like
1 Like

The weird thing about all this IMHO, is that Behringher with all their resources, could if they cared enough, totally nail the TB-303, right down to the smallest detail, it isn’t that complicated, it just needs the correct parts - which could easily be remade using their fabrication facilities.

Undoubtedly such an endeavour would mean that the retail price would need to be higher, which is probably why they won’t do it, too much time and resources needed to be viable.

8 Likes