Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I at least want to control the whole eg via squarp or Ableton

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

that doesnā€™t sound like a bass guitar at all!

9 Likes

Iā€™d have liked to see that too

Canā€™t see me not getting a td though. Silly not to at the price

I donā€™t need one but like many others Iā€™ll very likely buy 1 or 2, probably silver

Not sure about the red or blue.

anyone know where to pre order in the US???

1 Like

You get a 3 year warranty on the TD-3 versus a 1 year warranty on a Roland TB-03ā€¦ youā€™d have to be a maniac to buy an 03 at this pointā€¦

Iā€™d like to know where to pre order too

Thereā€™s a black version too. Looks very nice.

3 Likes

Bet, that Starsky Carr will do one

1 Like

The black is hot as hell, I thought the knobs werenā€™t going to match but now that Iā€™ve seen that image Iā€™m all-in on the colors. Awesome.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know there was a black one.
Will wait a few weeks to see what everyone makes of it then pull the trigger.

1 Like

Im not sure about the urine coloured one either ( yes Iā€™m sure itā€™s supposed to be gold )

Itā€™ll be the least sold out / hardest to sell 2nd hand version. Just look at how long gold minilogues hang around for on gumtree.

This.

That said, Iā€™d take a full modded x0x over an original TB303 any day.

You donā€™t want the pee-oh-three dude? Hmm, I donā€™t either. Nasty looking.

1 Like

I think the TB-03 whilst not 100% accurate is a fair bit closer the the TD-3, still Iā€™d be interested in a shootout, I bet the Behringer distortion sounds better though cos the TB-03 loses a lot of bottom end when using it.
Iā€™m assuming that the distortion in the TD-3 is analog though.

1 Like

I love the piss coloured one.
Also have myself a delightful urine edition monologue.

5 Likes

I like them better without distortion anyway. Normally I would say, cool now I can grab the boutique for cheapā€¦ But 150 are hard to beat :upside_down_face:

I probably will stick to the A4 for acidy linesā€¦

2 Likes

FWIW my self built x0xb0x in some scenarios sounds better than my TB-303s, I used the proper transistors, capacitors and a BA662, and calibrated it properly as well as doing a few mods, it took a fair bit of time to do but Iā€™m very happy with it. I also have the x0x large cpu which has the n0nx0x2 firmware, which gives the 303 sequencer implementation.

One other interesting thing to note with the TT-303mkII is that it has some of the Robin Whittle mods built in, greater cutoff range, bass boost and extended envelope to filter range.

2 Likes

Hmm wonder if the TD-3 has a high pitch rangeā€¦more octaves?