Behringer RD-6 606 clone

Say what you will about lack of R&D from Behringer. Roland could have handled this better. The vacuum is on them.

Roland has years to earn my money with a reissue or even a boutique. And the more I think about it, the more bitter I am that all they gave us was the afterthought expansion shoe-horned into TR-8/S.

Now I am leaning toward buying an RD-6 simply out of spite.

13 Likes

Sure, I can’t disagree with what you’re saying there. And I’m sure my grumbles are far from any kind of universal truth so no doubt they’ll sell plenty. I’m sure another big factor will be the sound of the RD-6 and how close it gets to the original. As I say, I like the 606 but I don’t love it so I don’t crave the subtleties that the real deal can give you - I can have a rare old time with some decent 606 samples loaded into my DT or AR.

But a few extra mods (and with a small commensurate uplift in cost) in line with what @Bankie mentioned (ps - would love to hear how they sound!) and it could be something I could get on board with.

1 Like

I like what behringer is doing, but unless you need those individual outputs the volca drum offers way more for 150€

1 Like

This

Look how fast the td3 was modded

1 Like

No doubt, but apples and oranges, really.
Two very different styles of synthesis. 606 lovers ain’t loving it for its complexity and depth, but more its signature.

The pair for $300 is instant electro, really.

3 Likes

Might be a logical replacement for the TT-606 that went haywire on me. Or just focus on my Machinedrum programming skills more. Those 606 hats tho…

1 Like

grab a Model Samples and I’ll give you chains and chains of my Drumatix and TT-606 hats :wink:

5 Likes

a minor gripe but the way the B303 & 606 are physically larger in size than the originals irks my ocd. using the B303 feels like trying on me dads shoes when I wuz a kid.

massive :cowboy_hat_face:

[606 is the same dimensions I gather]

4 Likes

Or just wait for model:drums :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

No, just speculated based on TD-3 price

1 Like

This will be my first Behringer purchase.

3 Likes

cant wait to hear what you do with it!

2 Likes

Holy sheepshit, how did I miss this??

The BD-3 (edit: my 1st behringer, excluding that compressor with the fake tubes I had in 07) is actually pretty badass sounding, if you ever want to come check it out. I have a good feeling on this RD-6 too.

1 Like

this is actually one I find kind of odd. I get that it’s cheaper than a real 606, but not drastically so. you can get a 606 for $500 or so. which yes is over double the price of the RD-6 (assuming the posted price is accurate). but it’s a $350ish difference versus something like $4-5000 difference of 808 versus RD-8. or $2-3000 difference of 303 versus TD-3. I mean, I’m sure they’ll sell. just saying if you’re really a fan of the 606 sound, it’s not too much more to get the real deal. it’s much less of a “always wanted one but could never afford it” like the 808, Minimoog, 2600, 303, etc…

1 Like

where have they announced the price?

not officially, but most don’t expect it to cost more than the $149 TD-3

1 Like

for some, even 500 smackeroos is too much for those sounds… whereas 150? 150 is a price that I could live with, instead of bugging a mate who owns a 606 to borrow his whenever a project needs that 606 love

3 Likes

So if you get one of these, and add the RD-909 then divide it by 3…

RD-505 clone confirmed.

:loopy:

2 Likes

Shit, since they’re doing all the greats, can we get a 707 and 727 please?