Behringer PPG Wave

Real analogue filters though…!?

1 Like

@Scot_Solida might be nice to have a backup…

1 Like

One bit of new information, in the picture on the fb page you can clearly see “Version 2.2” on the LCD screen. There was discussion early on of being able to switch between 2.0, 2.2, and 2.3, with perhaps the ability to do samples like on the maxed out 2.3 version. So you may be able to switch between versions, but there is definitely a version 2.2.

The three versions were quite different in timbrality, and number of oscilators and voice quality.

I guess another thing that has been known for a long time now is that this has a four octave keyboard rather than five.

1 Like

The 2.3 could be switched to 2.2 mode, so this is in keeping with the spirit of originals.

1 Like

They own a company that makes reproduction of Curtis chips, so that wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility, I’d think. That might help provide some authenticity.

2 Likes

Working on beta testing on new gear sounds more fun / rewarding that it actually is

Getting a free synth is nice but
The actual cost to them is lower than retail
So if it’s £600 synth for them to give you one might cost them £400 or less.
At minimum wage that’s about a week of testing and I suspect actually testing , filling in bug reports , updating , filming decent videos , editing etc would take more than 40 hours .
If you do post stuff online to get clicks it might help exposure once it comes out.

More informal testing which they’ll need later isn’t so bad , a few hours during the week generally making noodles while using beta firmware is ok for free IMO , but still can’t match actual internal/ professional Qa.

3 Likes

It’s really a tradeoff and you have to enjoy what you’re doing. An offline acquaintance has one of their “beta” synths to compare to his, i forget if he’s got an EE degree but the guy is pretty smart and loves getting into the intricacies of devices.

But also (unsurprisingly) has no issues in being able to afford either the clone OR the original.

1 Like

This is the behringer synth I’ve been waiting for.

2 Likes

This and the UB-Xa

2 Likes

i remember when the VC340 was announced way ahead of time, no one expected it to ever go to market, and then one day it just sort of showed up. And the thing was basically flawless. Really hoping the Wave pulls ahead and makes it out of the pack quicker than some of the others.

1 Like

The most recent image.

Having Hermann Seib guiding the development of the Wave is very reassuring.

4 Likes

A WAY better “PPG” (not made by Behringer) is on the way within weeks; I’m guessing the company in waiting for Superbooth/NAMM to announce.

3 Likes

Based on anything?

Do they even bother waiting for Superbooth/NAMM since opting out of both? :smiley:

It’s not a Behringer.

https://www.groovesynthesis.com/

3 Likes

Kool logo

Behringer Logo

They only changed it a little bit. The yellow was too much of a contrast with the blue.

1 Like

Welcome to our community, Touch!

1 Like

I’ve started a new thread for the “3rd Wave Synth.

2 Likes

https://m.facebook.com/105517788913/posts/10160063576423914/?sfnsn=mo

This is very promising. One of my top 5 synths should be coming very soon.