Behringer Poly D

Cool.
But aren’t all these “clones” running the 3340 Cool audio with different boards?
So, what I mean is aren’t these all variations of the same synth made to sound and look like the original but without the actual original circuitry.

We had this discussion already when the Digitone Keys came out. It is Not only the costs for an additional keybed and osc. Bigger casing, production, packaging, etc

What do you mean with “different boards”?
3340 and other Curtis chips were used in a variety of synths.
Behringer is using them were appropriate.
For the rest they’re are using discrete curcuits to come as close as possible to the original circuits or smt digital stuff for modulation like envs.

You can easily spot the components on their circuit boards.

1 Like

The Minilogue xd has 16 slots for user oscillators and 8 user slots for its delay, reverb and modulation FX. So it’s quite likely that one Minilogue xd will sound very much different to another once you start making use of these features.
Mine sounds very different to how it did when I bought it because I’ve programmed a lot of sounds to take advantage of its features. Perhaps you mean ‘it has a fairly distinctive filter’? The only issues are a few bugs, the occasional hang and the difficulty getting through to Japanese developers to explain and beg for a fix before they lose interest. Oh and, while I’m on one, the silly black on black look it has (did a gig this weekend and decided to replace all the knobs!).

2 Likes

Ok, that’s what I was trying to find out.
I heard they were ALL using the 3340

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Paraphonic synths are polyphonic by definition

HOLY JEBUS CHRIST ON A BIKE!!!

At 9:40 and 14:20 my brain just released the same chemicals when I like a girly bird and she likes me back.

Those envelopes have the snap and bite of a thousand sharks put together in their prime. I skipped to 9:40 after watching a bit of the intro. Plus I didn’t really want to open this thread.

Must keep telling myself that my brain is a tangible object. I stopped watching at the 15 minute mark. I’m going to watch Sonic State video on the OB6. I’m only listening through my phone speakers and I am wondering how much difference there will be. OB6 OBVS :100: %

Never gassed for anything Behrstillcantspellit but this… the Minimoog is like the grail of synths and this looks like a belter… WOW!!!

Still haven’t got back to the OB6 because I found this lol
Analog chorus and analog distortion. Wow!
Nick is always on the money with his reviews.
Checking this first!

1 Like

Ahhhh at about 9:25 and that intro on the OB6 by Sonic State.

I’ll stick with what I’ve got and get back to music not GAS.

3 Likes

Yeah after listening to more videos I can definitely hear it sounds quite overdriven. Individually the oscillators sound nice but when it comes together it’s a bit rugged. Didn’t really think about it costing more than double of the regular D, could just buy two of those. I don’t think too many people buying these will be at loss without the sequencer

1 Like

3-4 weeks…
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_poly_d.htm

I came down to earth, when Nick said: “No PWM!”. I also noticed all the trim pot holes in the Back.

AK too, still I’m grateful for this as it allowed me to snag a bargain.

A shame though that Behringer’s stuff doesn’t seem to be yet affecting the used prices of Roland Boutiques, or perhaps less surprisingly the prices of vintage gear, at least as far as I can tell. I kind of hoped they would, maybe too soon yet though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was hoping to pick up an sh01a for cheap, but not much change it seems.

1 Like

me too. was expecting sh01a and tr08 go down quite a bit

Yeah if anything I’m noticing prices on the SH-01a going up a bit especially the red and blue ones, used MS-1s though seem to be selling for 100 less than new, I kind of predicted that though.

You can find good deals on the SH-01A, just keep looking. I purchased mine for $200 on Reverb, though the portamento bar was snapped off. I just glued a replacement on and it works fine, looks a little funky though.

Huh? Behringer ms1 for 100 bucks? I just checked ebay and the cheapest I saw was 250. You find me a 100 dollar one and I’ll snatch it up haha

1 Like

It’s not ”his word”. Paraphonic synthesizer is a term, that has been used for a long time to describe a synthesizer, that plays multiple pitches at once, that share part of their electronic signal paths.

This is different to polyphonic synth, that has a complete signal path for each voice. The ”Poly D” only has 1 signal path, and does only follow the parameters for the first note, and the rest notes disregard any filter or amp settings, and play like a string machine instead.

1 Like

I understand 100 less than new, not 100$ overall price…
( but I don’t know what’s the real price…):sweat_smile:

1 Like