Behringer Model 15

I wasn’t knocking the synth. It’ll be cheap and if their Model D is any indication, it’ll sound fine. I’ve recommended that one to a few people who couldn’t plump for the real thing - but always with the caveat that there are other slightly more expensive options, some of which come from Moog themselves. The presentation on the other hand smacks of dishonesty. It’s almost satirical.

5 Likes

$300 USD target price.

ADDED LATER : So looking at today’s announcement on their Facebook page, the target price is now $329. Inflation, or the reality of the actual manufacturing costs setting in, we don’t know. Still a nice price.

2 Likes

There ya go.

1 Like

The Behringer Poly D is my goto Bass. But the Model sounds fantastic too.

2 Likes

Having a degree in electronics gives me my own perspective. There are only so many ways to arrange components to manipulate electricity.

I feel like copyrighting circuit arrangements is like the wright brothers trying to copyright the physics of lift. It’s physics, the nature of things, it’s belongs to all of us.

Copying visual styles and names though, meh I wouldn’t do that.

At the same time, I still think it benefits Moog more than it hurts them.

Though we’ve been over all of this before in every other B thread, so I digress. Let’s just talk about the actual instrument right?

6 Likes

There is some good discussion relative this Model 15 in the Clone War thread.

1 Like

I was thinking of designing a mock model D and porting the controls (basically suspend the little B model D inside) from a B model D to make it like the real thing :joy:. Just a passing thought, no real plans as of now.

I would like a real one some day but who knows if that’s feasible for me.

2 Likes

If the world ever rights itself and I visit Phoenix again, I will be toting some synths to my friend’s studio for some fun. You will be invited to that session.

4 Likes

Just give me a heads up and I’ll be there :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll give you enough notice to put in your requests for which synths I should bring… :wink:

5 Likes

The candy store comes to me! I love it :heart:

6 Likes

Airyck can bring a beautiful synth wrapped in yellow tolex!

4 Likes

I was going to say something like that. You did express it better than I would.

2 Likes

Yes but at least the money theyll save will buy a holiday in the Bahamas.

3 Likes

The Bahamas need songs to be made on a Moog.

3 Likes

That’s almost the converse of the discussion I had over buying a Model 10. “Why would I want to spend the money to vacation somewhere that doesn’t have a Moog?” :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I’ve got a Matriarch and a Model D and both get used. I don’t think the B stuff is exclusively for folks who can’t stretch to a Moog. Of course the Matriarch is a premium product compared to the D and I love it to bits but the Model D has a place in my setup too.

2 Likes

Do you agree its a better gateway into the Modular world over the other semi modular stuff. As its smaller and more easily placed?

1 Like

I’m not a modular guy per se, so I might not be the best person to ask but I’ve got quite a few semi modulars that I use standalone or patched together such as the Neutron, Cat, Marvin, D, K2 as well as the MB2S. I think for the sound you can coax out of the D it’s an excellent synth for the price hence my interest in the 15. Hoping it’s more of the same.

1 Like

Im not a modular guy either. But is had peaked my interest as i could perhaps integrate the Neutron and the proposed Proton? Do you think these three would work together.