Behringer JAM Sample Groovebox

Good point! We only have the following sample based grooveboxes Elektron Octatrack, Digitakt, Model:Samples, Analog Rytm; Akai MPC Live, One; Toraiz SP-16; Roland MC-707, MC-101, SP-404, TR8s; Korg Electribe ES2, Volca Sample; 1010 Music Blackbox; Teenage Engineering PO-33.

OK, sorry, I’m being a little bit facetious here and I’ve not even considered synthesis based grooveboxes but there really isn’t a shortage of options that cover a whole gammut of needs.

I would expect that Behringer will get something to the market at some point and that many people will like it. I’d be surprised if it arrives as an entirely mature product free of bugs as it happens so rarely even for companies who have much more established background in this particular of niche of the muso world.

And I may be a cynical old fool, but I’d be surprised if Behringer bring anything remotely innovative to the table with this and that their main USP is that it’ll be aggressively priced.

2 Likes

At this stage innovation happens at the user experience and user interface. But even then somehow some companies manage to miss on certain key features other samplers have… song mo… ahem.

Personally I’m waiting on an mpc like device made by Ableton because I am certain they’ll do a way better user experience and a UI that resonates with me (and many others).

1 Like

Yeah. An MPC in the 1000 / One veine with software that isn’t cheesy would be great.

I don’t expect Behringer to do it.

I’d love Polyend to have a go.

It’s gonna be interesting to see what direction they take with this. It’s not like their analogue clones in that it doesn’t have to follow along the lines of the ‘original’ instrument it’s aping (with the obvious limitations that involves). The whole Wing concept is pretty innovative so they can break new ground when they want too. I suppose for many people the UI will be the determining factor. If it does what it says on the tin there’s gonna be shared functionality with other instruments; it’s just how they choose to implement those features and if they find a few new ones up their sleeve too.

So

Uli should back the Otto Synthesizer project.

You can count me in… Behringer will no doubt have a competitive price tag and will definitely include a song mode😊

2 Likes

Oh shit, I just realized the color sequence of the pads is even the same. Haha.

2 Likes

christ I got so incensed with the stupid on that page I replied to a comment. Damn social media.

1 Like

one year check in :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

WOT NO CHPS? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It seems reminiscent of their Wing teaser…I don’t know what to expect, but I’m not sure I believe its the Jam…

2 Likes

there was behringer Jam shown 3 years ago but guess it was really vaporware

3 Likes

Bro seeing this image just made me feel aged. How long have I been following behringer teasers for 🥲

4 Likes

… was never GIP.

This is definitely fakeware,

I don’t know. Perhaps InMusic promised Uli that they’d sue the shit out of him and seeing how they treated Roger Linn, Uli believed them. Doesn’t matter if the case was winnable, court/lawyer cost would be expensive.

Or maybe the UI proved too much of a headache to successfully program, and in the end the cost of the Jam wasn’t that much cheaper than the Akai One.

It was never GIP.

Ah I see. Was Uli throwing shade or was this a mockup by one of thee internet kids?

Behringer posted it and asked what features people would like to see. They got a long list, plenty to work with

I think around the same they announced they were making a DAW

2 Likes