Behringer Eurorack Modular

3 Likes

and…

196x413_33880

Half the price of the intelligel original.

FFS. Even if you’re fine with clones of long-dead vintage synths from large firms like Roland or ARP, surely no-one can defend this ? I mean Intellijel, like most modular manufacturers are a fairly modest enterprise, innovating & doing their thing. And Uli thinks that this is fair game does he ? It’s outrageous

8 Likes

To keep the conversation on the module, aren’t those knobs too big? I feel you will not be able to touch one without touching two others.

1 Like

I feel the knobs are to ripped- off.

yeah. should have ripped it off more closely to the Intellijel original, which was designed better…

Shitty attitude for sure. Nothing new though… they already “borrowed” Intelljel design for their euro case.

Should be half the price of the Intellijel module. Good price if you can stand the questionable colours…

1 Like

Crave was my exit point so as this is just the inevitable outcome of that I have nothing new to add…

But that name. Holy god who runs this company a pubescent preteen?

3 Likes

I’ll freely admit I dislike Behringer and refuse to buy anything by them. This isn’t meant to start any kind of discussion on that side, however…

Can anyone honesly say that they would think about spending £2700 on a Behringer Eurorack System? I’ve always felt that B* stuff was for those who wanted cheap access to equipment, so while this is obviously way cheaper than the alternatives, I just can’t see the overlap in someone having that money to spend on synths and liking B*?

It’s marked as Sold Out so I guess I’m wrong, but I just don’t really understand.

2 Likes

Well modular seems very popular at the moment so it’s no surprise they’re shifting them (if they’re sold out) especially at their prices compared to building a system from other manufacturers.

Personally I’ve no real interest in modular but I’ve got a few of their other synths alongside gear from plenty of other manufacturers at all different price points and I enjoy using them all. If I was interested in going modular I’d consider one of their systems. However I’d prob get a smaller one and add modules as and when necessary. Other will want the ‘complete’ package.

1 Like

Say you’ve been dreaming about a massive Moog modular system… but it’s really out of your budget. Now this thing comes up… what do you do ?

I was tempted myself to buy the full system100 set, because… nostalgia. I didn’t do it because nostalgia is not enough, but my point is: just because we’re not in the market, that doesn’t mean there is no market.

3 Likes

It is 10 times cheaper than the moog reissue; could be great for music schools wanting to teach classic modular synthesis.

Oh I fully get that there is a market since it’s already sold out.

I guess there’s two other things for me which are that I’ve chosen to make sure I never get into modular (I’ve only just overcome my guitar effect-pedal addiction of 15 years, way too scared to go down that rabbit hole), so I wouldn’t even be in the market for the Moog one even if it was affordable or obtainable.
The other one is that I can think of a lot of things I’d rather spend £2700 on, but I guess everyone has their preferences and dream gear.

It’s mainly just that I never saw ‘expensive’ and ‘Behringer’ intersecting and doing well really.

1 Like

It feels expensive, because for some of us it’s probably 1 or 2 or 3 monthly salaries, but it’s really not, given the number of modules. My own modular is much smaller than this (2x84hp) and it’s already worth 3k€. A Rytm mkII is 1600€ here. A Cirklon about 2000+, depending on options, etc…

Perhaps a better comparison is with Doepfer systems. A fairly basic system is 2000€. And Doepfer is already considered good value for money.

3 Likes

That is an amazing advert! :rofl:

1 Like

Shows how the world has changed and how we have it easy these days for our little hobby.

1 Like

It has surprised me how deeply Behringer has gone into Eurorack. Thinking back to when they were cranking up this new business of their’s, like when they released the Deepmind, i just would not have thought they’d have a deep catalog of Eurorack modules in just a few years. There are only a few synth makers that makes both regular hardware and modulars – Roland being a prominent example, and a few others. Behringer clearly has sights set to bridge across both markets. They drop new Eurorack, without any tease. Certainly their agility with manufacturing allows them to put a large range of lower volume products to market, which fits with the modular sort of marketplace.

Looking forward two years, it’s difficult to see what the Behringer product line will look like.

2 Likes

Maybe they are jazz fans ?

1 Like

indeed, becuase they’ll have knocked-off pretty much all the synths ever made by then.

Maybe they’ll make something new. or, more likely, mark II versions of all the knock-offs…

Hell, their TR 808 knock-off will be onto the mark III by then :rofl:

1 Like