Behringer Model D Synth

So I spotted some in stock and couldnt resist.
Could someone reccomend a nice sounding hardware reverb for dedicated model d duties that doesnt break the bank, multi effects could be good too but not at the cost of poor quality sound. I see zoom ms70 cdr’s are cheap and flexible but would I be better spending the same or a bit more on just reverb.
e2a. Available in djkit.com if anyones interested

Alesis NanoVerb2 or TC Hall of Fame, though the Zoom seems really good for the money. I’d suggest the Alesis as it’s designed for line level, I know lots of guitar pedals work fine but the dynamics can suffer.

For a bit more you can get a Lexicon MX200 if you’re ok with rack unit format.

1 Like

I just recently found one for cheap second hand. I am kind of impressed - it sounds fantastic. I had a real minimoog d a few years back but honestly i dont recall whether or not they sound similar. Either way, for 250 bucks I think itll stay around for a while, even if i dont use it all that much.

I got mine yesterday. Build quality is really good actually, the knobs are tight, they have a nice feel. Didn’t get to play with it much though, spent a lot of time trying to control it via CV from my A4 MK2. Didn’t succeed. Will try again today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the bass patches around 8:30 is where it’s at … not helping my GAS

1 Like

Just got this on Friday. Pretty much ignoring everything else I own for it. It’s incredible.

2 Likes

I was sequencing it via midi with my Digitone.

1 Like

you’re not helping man! you’re not helping lol GAS is real lol

It should be. This thing is a no brainer at this price. There is no reason that every single person shouldn’t own one.

haha I know, but the last couple of days I’ve been thinking a lot about flipping some of my gear some of which is elektron stuff, all of this menu diving is leading me nowhere … like for the price of a digitone and A4 MK2 I can probably get a nice triple rack of mother32 + DFAM + sub-harmonicon (if it ever came out) plus a behringer D and a Behringer MS 101!

1 Like

I’m keeping my digitone but everything else elektron is going. Digitone pairs well with the model d I’m finding.

The Boog D is amazing, can’t beat that value for money. I guess I’ll have to get the Neutron too!

Got to say, for 3 hundred pound its an absolute bargain, if thick 3 osc goodness is what you need then I doubt you can do better.

I have a Model D as the 5th voice for my Analog Four. Trouble is it has kinda reduced the other 4 to supporting roles and, more often than not the A4 now has no role at all, except delay/reverb for the Behringer. It’s also freed up my vintage Mini for the kind of noodles it’s born to deliver…

As they say, a no-brainer.

3 Likes

Hi.

I’m interested in buying a Behringer Model D. Does anyone know how well the Behringer integrates in a computer setup? Which parameters can I automate within my DAW? The most important is being able to automate the pitch bend.

Thanks in advance!

Its really old school, all analog like the original except the added midi so no automation except pitch bend.

1 Like

Okay, I understand. Being able to automate the pitch bend is basically what I need so that’s nice. I was afraid that it was not possible to do that.

Imo one of the better synth youtubers among a sea full of them.

2 Likes

Hi guys! How do you tune the D when it gets out of tune?
(tried the tune knob but it’s still a semitone behind)

I usually let it warm up for maybe 10-15 mins, after that its stable and it stays wherever you tune it to. Calibration between extended octaves is different though and I have not calibrated mine. I get a good three octaves with no extreme detuning though, anything more than that I stop to retune.