Behringer Crave

windows

I just ordered mine I have a Crave and TD-3 RD coming Thursday, are you gonna polychain the 2?

1 Like

you can configure this behaviour in the synth tool. you can get it here: https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Keyboards/Synthesizers-and-Samplers/CRAVE/p/P0DPX/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, this is excellent news, it was a shame that this wasn’t configurable on the Mother-32.

1 Like

At some point rob no doubt. will look forward to your arrival :muscle:

What options aren’t sending ?

I tick the disable sequencer sync and respond to midi… no luck

I was a few sips into a bottle of rum earlier mate, now I’m halfway :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The synth tool app does say that it detects the Crave?

wHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHEIVE

Oh dear :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yes, it connects.
I am trying at the moment to make an empty pattern

The bank and pattern select process is odd, you have to click bank then press the bank you want on your computer keyboard - same for pattern

Wow I really love the sounds from the Crave, it’s the star of the show in this video. Not my vid.

5 Likes

nice.

I just bought one of these, as I already own a DFAM and there is so many patches combining DFAM/M32 it was a cheap alternative to do those patches. The sustain knob and arpeggiator are a nice addition and this thing is fun. But I found some quirks I would like to share

• First the filter; DFAM filter is better, period. The behaviour of the crave in LP mode is quite simillar but specially when sweeping the moog one shines.

In HP mode the crave filter is quite poor, it is not a true HP filter, it does the trick with low resonance but with high resonance is more like using a high Q/Gain eq looking for unwanted resonances. Still is better than nothing.

• Second; the CV gate does not seem to work when using the arp, seems like a bug but I just could play with it a couple of hours.

The osc is perfectly fine, feeding it to the ext input of DFAM to be used as a 3rd OSC and using DFAm filter makes it sound sweet. I also tried feeding 0-coast oscillator into it, one into the fm input and the other in the ext input. Lots of fun.

For the price you pay you get a lot

3 Likes

I try to pair up my Crave with my new Analog Four Mk2 and try to cotrol it via CV on the Analog Four.

Anyone any suggestions how to patch it to the Behringer Crave? I assume the OSC CV is the 1V/Oct OSC IN on the Crave? and GATE ENV IN is the GATE IN on the Crave?
What config should I set on the Analog Four in the 1V/Oct section in the menu, voltages, etc?

Thanks!

There is a nice “setup example” on page 72 of the AF MkII manual that shows you step-by-step how to control a CV/Gate synth. You probably shouldn’t need to mess around too much with the detailed voltage settings until you get things running.

3 Likes

Yes I followed that guide, but I can’t get it to work on the Crave.

Not all inputs on the crave follow the normal naming convention and I am quite new to this modular stuff. :frowning:

So it seems clear even from the scant documentation for the Crave that, yes, you should connect the CV signal from the AF to the Crave’s OSC CV input and connect the Gate signal from the AF to the Crave’s ENV GATE input.

You can then, for example, put some note trigs on the AF’s CV track (for example) with suitable long note lengths.

Finally, on the AF’s CV A page set the source track to be “CV”, and on the CV B page set the source track to be “CV”.

Given reasonable settings on the synth, you should now have the AF sequencing the Crave.

2 Likes

Ok. I will reset everything on the A4 and go through it again. Must have messed up something in the settings somewhere.

So will try again. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Less than two weeks since I received it and has started to fail, weird noises when using the filter and low volume, I guess something wrong with the VCA/Filter. Lucky me was before the 14 days period so I will just return it .

I am not sad as early next week I will receive a Lyra 8 and a Model:Cycles… :upside_down_face:

You get what you pay for, as they say. :wink:

Cheers!