/Beatstep Pro + Octatrack + Eurorack/ MIDI Question

Hey guys

I was thinking to pair my Octatrack with the beat step pro, but anyone knows if the midi out of the Beatstep can act like a Midi Thru?

I want to do this midi configuration.

OT midi OUT --> Beatstep Midi IN
Beatstep MIDI OUT --> Vermona qMi Midi IN
Vermona qMi 4 CV GATES --> MODULAR

I would like be able to program on the OT my modular and using the Beatstep pro as a drum sequencer for my future drum modules.

Is anyone already tried this configuration?

I think the fact to have 2 sequencers which you can run and change program separately is super interesting for live performances because you can interact with both of them.
I’m feeling a bit stuck with only the OT sequencer and maybe this option would help me to figure out my issues :grin:

1 Like

I use it the other way around, Ableton into Beatstep Pro, Beatstep Pro into Octatrack. That works really nice (as glorified midi thru…). So it should be possible the other way around.
You have to figure out which MIDI Channel and which CC to use.
Trial an Error is the best option here :slight_smile:
Hope you get it working!

I’m trying to avoid the computer as much as I can but using the Beatstep Pro as the Master clock can be an alternative.
Btw I would definitely prefer use the OT as my master clock, I’m used to do it now :no_mouth: so maybe a Midi Thru box could help me solve this midi configuration and I could add other devices later without problems.

Yes that would work, my config is…
Analog Rytm- Midi out>
Beatstep pro- Midi out> Sub 37- Midi out> Minilogue/Moog 104m
Beatstep pro- CV out-0-Coast

So pretty much the same idea and it works perfectly.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I wanted to know
Thank you for your reply :smile:

Although I’m talking in terms of Midi clock, I’m not sure if you’d be able to send a sequence from the OT, through the Beatstep and to the modular, clock no problem though.

Hello guys,
I’m going to try this too.
Is it working for you ? Any pros and cons before I jump on the Beatstep Pro ( I already have the OT )
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi family a friend have left me a bstp
and I am trying to sequence from the octatarck through the bstp is from there to the modular, is this possible?
my idea is to use the ot for pitch sequences
and the gates of bstp for percussion
greetings