BD Machine Synthesis Deph

Hello everyone,

I wondered today how was generated the sounds of rRYTM BD machines. I looked in the manual for an exact description of the synthesizing of drums.

Does anyone know this ? Maybe there is a place to see it, I did not find it in the manual.

Cheers

analogue kicks are generally synthesised by having an envelope for pitch and a sine wave oscillator.
The envelope controls the pitch, which goes down, and you control the speed of the pitch drop and the envelope amount of the high to low frequencies.
The different timbres of the sound are done via altering the sine wave either by some sort of wave shaping circuit or overdrive circuit to distort the sine wave from a sine to a saw/pulse/square to give it that overdriven type sound.

You then add in a noise oscillator for the transient attack, or you can adjust the start phase of the oscillator for a click type transient.

I think the Rytm may have a couple of oscillator shape types depending on which kick drum type you use.

They’re really easy to knock up on a modular synth or a synth with good modulation routings.

Thank you for your quick respite.

Exactly, I know that BDHD and BDCL machines have sinus, asymmetric sinus and triangle waveforms and therefore use the same circuit.
What I would like to know is if two machines use utlise it is three waveforms does the others use the same oscillator with frequency modulation (BDFM & BDPL).

BDSI and BDSH I do not know.