Bax Music

Anyone bought anything from Bax Music? Seem to be the only shop in UK with OTmk2 in stock at decent price.

I used them a lot when I lived in the Netherlands—very reliable and can deliver same day/if you patience is as thin as mine!

1 Like

Very good shop :wink: you can go eyes closed with them

Great, thanks guys :blush:

I brought my ot2 off them during black Friday.paid 950 for a b stock one.excellent service

I’m not quite sure, but I didn’t assume there was a presence in the UK (despite the web front end) so I guess that means you’d want to check plug types etc before delivery

My favourite shop :two_hearts:
5 years warranty and 2 months trial.

Hi i bought a Soundcraft Mixer from them - reasonable service - shipped from Germany to UK (i believe):slight_smile:

Yes. Online Stores are only Communication friendly in the native language when you call them.

The company ships all of its articles from the headquarters in Goes (Netherlands). @enryo it is not in UK :wink:

Sans titre

we have also a bax-shop.fr here in france it’s just for phone exchange in french and accounting services like send paper bank check or to make possible payment facilities options regarding local possibilities.

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Bax+Music/@51.4950757,3.8739438,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x58b7d1d2097ad54d!8m2!3d51.4950757!4d3.8739438

More than 400 people try to ensure customers in Europe will get their goods within two business days. In the Netherlands when a customer order something before 1 PM, he can get it delivered to his house the same evening.

2 Likes

I’ve used them a couple of times, they are fine. Be aware that if you’re ordering something to the UK it’s likely that you will get a 2-pin euro power supply with the item and a plug adaptor thrown in, rather than a dedicated 3-pin PSU.

yeah.they send an adaptor over.but with octatrack it don’t matter as cable can be changed to the transformer

Tremendous deal!

yeah was well happy with it.couldn’t believe it.i presume it was a return

1 Like

You can always do the 2 pin European plug to UK socket trick if you really have to.

bax.fr is great - very quick and sometimes even arrives early.

I recommend checking they’re an authorised seller of whatever product it is your buying from them. I bought a UAD Apollo from them last year, and it stopped working after 6 months. Took me another 3 months without any interface getting a replacement from them, and UA wouldn’t replace it as BAX weren’t authorised to sell them in the UK apparently. It was very stressful and had to email and call them repeatedly over three months to get it sorted out, with lots of evasion from their customer service. Eventually it took threatening legal action for them to send me a replacement.

If you mean jamming it into a 3-pin socket with something in the top pin hole to ‘activate’ it, I wouldn’t, as UK plugs have the ground on the third pin, not on the neutral pin. Doesn’t matter on a device that is double insulated but I still wouldn’t do it as you have to bend the pins outwards to get the plug to fit and that risks damaging it.

In any case, Bax supply perfectly fine adaptors, I just find that some of those tend to be a bit loose and you end up having to prop the PSU up to keep it inserted, etc.

Thanks, I’ll wait for Juno to get more in stock

That’s useful to know, actually - I’ve been doing it for years in an emergency, but not on too long an ongoing basis.

as I have said.all you need for the octatrack mk2 is a lead to go into the psu.i own a ot2 brought it from back.

1 Like