Bank unavailable

I’m glad i could help!
i don’t know what’s the problem with that, but sometimes when you travel and gig it just happens…
anyway it’s nice to have a escape solution :slight_smile:

@ELEKTRON <= do you have take notice about this issue?

I can replicate that error very easily, though why it occurs internally, I have no idea.

The Octatrack is calculating a checksum to verify the project. This checksum is likewise utilised when reloading the project to ensure that it is a valid project, all addresses match etc.

If the checksum does not verify on loading, then you will see the error message that you saw, and the Bank button will be lit green i[/i] and trying to select it will give you the “Bank Not Available” error message.

Given what I know of the above, I would suggest that there is error in the way that the calculation works on saving, versus the way the calculation works on loading, but generally these should always be the same logic.

Quick suggestion as to why it works when saving to a new project, versus existing, would be around Saving is performing a check… Saving to New" is forcing a new checksum…

tl:dr: Buggy code.

yepp…

Thanks for your thoughts Rusty! It’s a bit strange that it happened to the first few projects that I created rather than just one. I’ve fixed them all now using the save to new option but it’s a little unsettling really, though not losing hours of work is super fantastic so can’t complain really. Bit surprised there would be a bug like this given that my OT is updated to the latest OS, but then again I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks so what do I know. Would definitely like to know what Elektron makes of this issue.

Now THAT’s a workaround that should be in the manual…

Turned on the Octatrack today and I get this message “Some errors occurred! ‘Wrong Checksum’ Do you want to abort loading this project?” If I don’t abort bank 1 is unavailable. Has anyone run into this kind of issue before. I’m using a pretty good Sandisk CF disk so I don’t think that caused the corruption but who knows.

Yep, and I can fix that. Or try Saving as a new Project and see if that helps.

Theres a bug(s) in the Octatrack’s OS which will cause an illegal checksumin certain scenarios, and that is the end result you have.

PM me if you want me to fix it for you.

2 Likes

Seems like this corrupted Octatrack project puts my Finder into a loop. Can’t force quit or kill Finder. Tried repair with disk utility but no luck.

Don’t quite understand what you mean by that? On OSX? On the Octatrack?

On the Octatrack, it shouldn’t do that, as it should only warn, and if continue, make that bank unavailable. Just create a new Project.

In your OS / On the CF card? That will do fuck all… It’s not a card problem as I outlined above.

I meant in OSX. I can’t even get the project set to open without crashing my Finder.

Yeah, that could be a card issue, which could also manifest as a checksum issue… as it’s failed to write correctly…

Tried turning it off and back on again?

Else, diffrent computer, try archiving the folder from the root, then renamine the source, and then extracting to place it in a different location on the card, and stuff, and things, etc

3 Likes

That’s strange. The card was a brand new Sandisk 16gb. Maybe an egg? Removing the Finder preferences and restarting seams to stop the Finder loop but reattempts to read the bad CF give the same results. I’ll try another computer tomorrow at the uni library, I have to finish my java project tonight.

Sent you the template through wetransfer. Thanks.

1 Like

Sent it back to you. Seems to be fixed now (OS v1.25E)

1 Like

I got a Octatrack primarily for it’s better implemented Midi Sequencer, have figured out
how to change midi track lengths for polyrhythms etc.

But the problem seems to changing banks, i get “Bank Unavailable” when trying to
change from Bank A to Bank B and so on…

OS is 1.25E

Help!! anyone, thanks.

Save a copy of the project you’re working on and try loading the copy.
It could be this issue

Hmmm, so i need to create a project, even if i just want to use the midi sequencer ?
I created a new project, named it and still get Bank Unavailable, if i try switching
to other banks…

Edit: It seems i can change banks, but i have to quickly double press the trig keys to change banks ?
is this normal at all!

On OT just after pressing Bank you must select the pattern…could be that…That’s why you need to press twice…so first you select Bank 3 and then you select pattern 5…(and no need to press the pattern key)
Hope it’s that, good luck! :wink:

3 Likes

well that works just fine alejander, think i’m so used to working the Machinedrum way of things, the OT
is a whole new ball game, thanks!!

2 Likes

All fixed @Syn303 ?