Bank unavailable

Hi ! anyone else seen “bank unavailable” on OT. ???
need to solve that some how or restore older workfile…

Is the compact flash inserted correctly? I had a message like that once after moving my flightcase the card ejected by accident .

Also reboot the OT, maybe it’s a glitch in the system!

well i kind of know what happened, the card and machine froze solid red and i thought it took way ttoo long so i turned it off. after powering it up the" some parse errrors occcured" message was displayed. loading project anyway leaves me with every bank except the one i was orking in wich sys Bank Unavailable when selected. Now im not worried to restore. I keep good storagepoints…
But is there a way to just fill that bank again perhaps. Any knowledge oft this here?

Hi everybody !

This is the first time it happen to me that I TRY to switch from bank A to bank B with this issue

I am arranging a track and after that I used the 16 patterns of BANK A I then try to keep going to BANK B and the message BANK UNAVAILABLE came out…

I tried to find something in the manual without results…

Did anybody had the same issue?

Many thanks !

Happend to me also one time (actual os). After a restart everything was fine. Until now it didn’thappen again.

Lucky you…

To me is still happening after restarted it…

Have you tried an Empty Reset?

After a nice backup of the CF on the PC, of course!

It was just about the project…

I load a new project and then the OT allows me to access to other banks

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

and cannot you continue to use that corrupted one?
that’s a pain in the ass!

the project i was working on yesterday isnt loading properly today. its only the start of a live set, not much going on in terms of maxing out the ot. all im doing is sending some midi to some synths and recording it straight to ot and playing it back.
when i reload it says
" some errors occured! ‘parse error’ do you want to abort loading this project?

any one been here before?

also one bank is ‘unavailable’

seems ok apart from that but not sure how much time i want to invest into a project that might already be corrupted or something. help?

That could be of interest for support and R&D department to be aware of. Doesn´t sound common AFAIK. Have you filed an support ticket regarding this issue?

1 Like

yeah i just did that. im thinking they may say its the cf cards fault.

Hi for the second time I’ve got the same problem,when i turn on the octatrack show me wrong cheksum,I’ve done "save as new projekt and it worked apart from the first time where there was missing samples from the projekt sample slot list.Sins the first problem I’ve change the cf card.If anyone have an idea what’s wrong please write.

Somewhere along the line an error has occured in one or more of the banks, and the checksum has failed, thus makng the bank unavailable. After loading, you should be able to choose to proceed, and the banks that are unavailable will be displayed with falshing led when you hold down the Bank button. Attempting to select one of these banks will give you a ‘Bank is Unavaailable’ message.

There are a number of reasons as to why this may occur.

If your stuff is important to use, send me a pm, and I might be able to sort it out for you.

PS: What OS version is the Octatrack on?

Os 1.25h i believe the latest one

Dont bother projekt is not so important what is more important for me is ,i whant to avoid this problem in future when I’ll be more advanced,thanks anyway i appreciate for you help will keep you in touch if it continues.Cheers!

Hi, I recently bought an OT second-hand on ebay in mint condition. After learning the basics I created my own project, loaded my own samples and made some patterns, used different banks and parts. But now when I switch on the OT I get the following message:

SOME ERRORS OCCURED! ‘WRONG CHECKSUM’ DO YOU WANT TO ABORT LOADING THIS PROJECT?

When I load the project it won’t let me access some of the banks I’ve created, specifically Bank 1 from what I can tell, and comes up with the message BANK UNAVAILABLE. From reading online, and there isn’t much coming up on this error, it seems it may be a problem with the compact flash card, but quite a few people said it is an issue with the OT and they returned it to Elektron. Has anyone had this error or know anything about it?

Cheers, Tim

Yeah im in the same position. Has done that to me. I want to use this a live gigging machine but the possibility of it being flakey is , er, a bit shit

try with “save to new”! and try to open the new saved project.

1 Like

Thanks Van that’s totally fixed it! :slight_smile: What do you think caused it? Have got the latest OS installed and thought it was odd that there wasn’t much info about it online.