Bandcamp launches Live Streaming Service

https://bandcamp.com/live

So bandcamp have launched
ticketed live streaming with integrated merch and supporter chat.

Things of note.
Minimum charge of $1 per ticket
Bandcamp waiving 10% fee until March 31st 2021
Bundle a digital release with a ticket.
Sell show specific merch

Read the FAQ for more information.

Having spoken to Bandcamp today, this service is definitely not for DJs, that’s a copyright minefield.
Think this is providing a great opportunity to the live community, Electronic or otherwise.

11 Likes

This seems like a really great idea to me, especially with the ticket prices and merch/digital download bundling. We could’ve done with it back in February/March this year, but it’s still something cool for both fans and artists. Let’s see if it gains traction.

(BTW, are you THE dBridge? If so, huge respect for your music - the production is always on point. Saw you play in Basement 45 in Bristol along with, I think, Instra:mental many years back. Anyway, that’s enough fangirling from me :slightly_smiling_face:)

Very interesting, I wonder how streamlined the process will be for the audience. I predict a lot of over enthusiastic performers (me) being disappointed when no one turns up!

1 Like

Super interested to see where this goes. Would love to perform but don’t think anyone would pay to see me; will stick to twitch for now. It’s a shame you can’t have a 0 dollar ticket price, but I get it. It’s no doubt a complex infrastructure and they probably don’t have the resources of google or amazon to just make it free for everyone.

1 Like

Tis I!
Nice one!
That was a while back not played there in a while.

1 Like

Looks like a great opportunity and a good time to finally join Bandcamp.

1 Like