Bandcamp deleted my account

I must say sorry to all my supporters that donated, but I no longer exist on bandcamp. Someone deleted me. I guess bandcamp did it… or I got hacked…

Sent them many e-mails to check their server if I exist somewhere… no answer.

I don’t plan on reuploading anytime soon.
So sorry for inconvenience.

Also did anyone experience anything like this with being deleted?
Leemajik

Weird and sad !

never experienced something like that. but i also dont really have sales, so …

1 Like

Was it all original material or had you been using samples?

Let me know if you have some contact from BC.
I can only imagine there’s been some kind of pb that will be sorted.
I paid for this album, so I’m entitled to claim to get it back :smiley:

1 Like

All original compositions. One tune was made with james brown drumloop choped up to unrecognizable amount so I think I’m in the clear.

1 Like

OK, I found a way to send a message (quite hard in fact).
Had to retrieve the download link, explain I can’t download anymore nor access MY (oh my) album anymore :wink:
Let’s see where it leads.
Any answer from BC yet ?

1 Like

Mate thnx for trying but after 6 or 7 mails I got no answer… so I sort of gave up…
I will find some other whay to get my music out. Maybe it’s time to release for real…

Hey, don’t give up!
This will be sorted out at some point, I’m sure of it!
It can take time to investigate what happened…

I heard audio ads on SoundCloud for the first time (Lorn, I ceased to share his track)
Thought BC was a bit more “pure” if such thing still exists…

everyone sells out eventually

Bandcamp are VERY different to Soundcloud. SC are in a lot of trouble, struggling to make any money, lots of takedown issues with major labels, lots of spammy activity, technically a poor platform, etc etc.

Bandcamp is very much a music marketplace, not a social platform (bare bones social features only), their money comes from a cut of sales, and the music is uploaded by the rights owners. Yes, you can go there and listen to an album without buying it but it seems as though that type of user activity is minor enough that BC has been profitable for the last 5 years.

This does seem like an odd situation @Lemajik, I hope you get to the bottom of it.

3 Likes

yeah thumps up for BC!!! But maybe there was a copyright problem with your James Brown Loop. Normally BC is good as hell for a label and an artist. We sending out records via bandcamp to all over the world and it´s great to see from where your fans and buyers are!

But for soundcloud and their copyright system … its bad, even for small labels when the distributor sends finger prints to soundcloud copyright system (which is the same and what youtube copyright system is based on btw …).

Watching this thread closely, as I am a premium BC user, and quite frankly if they’re not responding when there’s an issue, I’ll take my money elsewhere… Finger crossed they resolve it big fella.

1 Like

Band amounts always responded to me for little things like suggestions. They have been great, I’m sure they’ll get back to you

2 Likes

BC answered me :

Sorry for the confusion! I’m afraid the artist has since deleted their page, so any releases you purchased from them disappeared from your public web Collection and unfortunately will no longer be downloadable.

1 Like

O very nice. I never got the answer. And most of all I never deleted my bandcanp account.

Sorry for this @LyingDalai. I will re-upload everything one day in the near future.

Life is good :loopy:

1 Like

I told them so, and that I wasn’t ok with their solution…

Honestly man, check your junk mail, or try again. They always answer so Im guessing maybe a mistake on your end possibly with the contact form. Don’t let this slide they really will get back to you.

1 Like

I don’t think bandcamp is here to blame at all. I will just go and upload again and that is it. No need to point fingers and blame who did it… this is not music… I just thought someone had similar experience as I did.
I wonder why there is still no answer thou. They think I deleted my account which bizarre.

Maybe some grandma hated my music so much and said to her grandson to hack me and delete me from bandcamp…

Well… time ti go back and make more music. And upload it to bandcamp :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so…
No answer at all and no contact from bandcamp. It’s really weird. Not even in spam.
I re-uploaded the album and that is that…

back to music now…

peace

1 Like