Bad Gear - Elektron Digitakt - Overpriced Mono Drum Sampler?

Agreed.

1 Like

Whoa, that was entertaining and well done. Some lovely ideas in this video, loved the ice and fire thing :slight_smile:

Right! Real men pull off the screen protector on the first jam!

1 Like

Right! Who wants a blurry screen anyway!?

I think you’ll find that real men eat their screen protectors.

For breakfast.

3 Likes

I kinda preferred my monomachine with the screen protector on :man_shrugging: it was a nice matte finish.

exactly! the A4 Black V has a nice silky touch with the rest of the Black matte paint and the screen cover is great sized and placed on my unit. :zzz:

i’m not Digitakt owner, but i remember this guy’s video made me love Waldorf Rocket

Thank you.

I can’t wait till AudioPilz finds out just how awfully bad the Octatrack is!

6 Likes

That’s what I did to mine…twice…

1 Like

ASMR worthy buttons, damn right haha

1 Like

The bit at 7:07 is the kind of crisp, beefy, floor-filling music that seems to come more easily out of the DT. That sonic character is one of the things I love about it, especially in a live setting.

I like it that the video is a bit of a troll and had me going WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!!, then I was laughing a bit when I saw where it was going.

Oh, and I’m definitely a “peeler”, once I know a device is a keeper. The Digitakt and Digitone screen covers were gone almost immediately. :slight_smile:

Haha, this is great!

I stuck the corner of my already peeling Typhon screen cover back down with a glue stick when I got it so that it would actually protect the screen somewhat. The A4 one is a bit scratchy now, so it’s done its job.

1 Like

Ok, I know it’s a little off topic, but I am definitely not a peeler although I will never sell my DT. But reading this made me think about it. Is there any benefits from doing it? I wish I could watch a video of someone “peeling” their DT to see if the difference is worth it. Any voluntary peelers? :wink:

All my screen covers are long gone so can’t help with a vid, but I thought the DT and DN screens looked waaaay sharper and better once the cover was off. Only one way to find out though :smile:

2 Likes