bad contact on FUNC key

hi, anyone have/had this same problem? not the same as the “sticky” keys issue, but…
just noticed that my FUNC key gets bad electrical contact when being pressed in various ways. unlike other keys, it is very sensitive to any pressure variations on my finger while being pressed/held.
this results in a “flickering” effect when pressing/holding FUNC as it jumps back and forth between pressed/released states by small finger movements. other buttons are not this sensitive.

FUNC doesn’t have problem with returning to its normal position when being released (so not the “sticky” issue) but it has maybe some problems with hitting the right spot on the circuit board?

thanks for any thoughts on this issue!

You may try to gently remove/pull the button and have a look whether something is hiding beneath it, you may need a toothpick or thin guitar plektron to remove the button, you can also testdrive the button in the test menu… If unsure how to proceed you can always open up a support ticket… Anyway, good luck

thanks for the advice @jingo. i ended up opening a ticked with elektron. they quickly recommended me ship the digitakt to their eu workshop (located in gothenburg, sweden) through my retailer. it’s still within the warranty. so i’m doing that and will receive it when it’s done.

it’s in good hands and i’ll just have to be patient, cause the workshop doesn’t open before 12. aug. which is sad, but i’m sure it’s worth the wait and to have a working unit for the next 10-15 years (is that optimistic?). will report back on the results!

1 Like

you could if you still have it , remove the cap (with toothpick etc , as already mentioned) it should come off/go back on with no sign of marking the case …

and then blow hard into the button ,
while blowing also try to press the button up / down…
it may loosen a little dust or something in it.

i wouldn’t personally spray anything into it unless its air .

yeah, i removed the FUNC-button with a pair of pliers gently after unscrewing the front panel. it reveals the white plastic moving piece with the LED inside it. tried blowing compressed air into it and pressing it up/down. i won’t attempt to dismantle the black mounted plastic piece holding the white piece, since it seems it is a “clip” on thing which you can open with the right tools, but i don’t have the skills or tools right now.
powered it on – the problem still remains.
my retailer has sent it to the workshop now, so we’ll see!

just got it back from service. they said they just replaced the func-button and it works fine again. cool beans!

1 Like