Avalon Bassline...worth it?/ Opinion

i have a Acidlab BL3, that thing is the better clone

Agreed - Just cancelled my order with SxPro - no stock till August and Iā€™m not having a grand sat in someone elseā€™s account for months

I had to wait months for mine after paying SXPRO, but itā€™s been trouble free as far as I have used it.

Iā€™ve got ABL3 and Avalon. ABL3 is excellent, but it canā€™t contend with the analogue sound depth of the Avalon IMO.

the ABL3 is fully Analog too, so this comment makes no sense to me! do you really own a ABL? :wink:

btw, is the Avalon capable of sending and receiving MIDI CC? that would be, beside of the great sound, the only reason to buy a Avalon. if it not offers this feature, itā€™s not worth the money, in my opinion.

Ooops sorry, my head was in the clouds when I wrote this! I was talking about the Audiorealism ABL3 plugin! haha!!

Yes, the Avalon can send and receive midi CC, however I donā€™t personally use this feature much.

I have seen (but not heard) a Bassline 3 once before; just looking at the specs, it doesnā€™t seem to have:

• as much cv functionality
  • the extra envelope adjustment options
  • full range frequency (I know this isnā€™t an original 303 sound characteristic)
  • different filter card options

Is it worth the extra money - to me, yes. It is a superior machine, no doubt.

:slight_smile:

1. Is it possible to send slides by CV/Gate ?
  2. Is it possible to send note length by CV/Gate?
  3. How are pots? Same weak as TB-303 or more solid?
  4. How well it is tuned?

Many thanks

Avalon only receives filter cutoff cc and one that can trigger envelope modulation. (On/off trigger)
You canā€™t send cc to resonance etcā€¦

Build quality is good , similar to nord gear.
It is a ā€˜luxuryā€™ product , Iā€™d be happy with Tb-3 , the Avalon along with oto biscuit are the items I take great care of ,
I havenā€™t triggered external things with it recently but itā€™s got lots of cv in/out and can send midi out etc.

Depending how important a 303 sound is , and cash youā€™ve got spare , impacts on if you think itā€™s worth it. For Ā£900 you could get a lot of other synths.i actually use troublemaker on iOS too as itā€™s convenient and sounds good.

Iā€™ve got
Tt303
Tb-03 ( aira one)
Avalon with sem filter
Mam mb33 retro + rack version
Abl3 , troublemaker , probably other 303 software.

All very usable

Acidlab BL3 is good and it worth the price. But avalon is far better cause it is even better than a 303.

1 Like

So I canā€™t play notes by CV/Gate?

Whatā€™s it like sequencing other instruments with midi? What velocity does it send for notes? Not sure I understand the midi spec at the end of the manual

I recently got one and would like to sell it LOL

Its a really awesome 303 clone but idk why i bought it. I guess i wanted to try it out. I already have 2 decent 303 clones. Hopefully i can move it along and buy something that isnt basically a duplicate of something i alreayd have :expressionless:

what color is your avalon ?

White with blue LEDs. I also have the SEM, ladder and ROH filter cartridges. Bought in april. Basically new. Its in the bst here and at muffs. PM if youre interested.

agreed

Is this Avalon bassline still in production?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m also wondering. Anyone know?

I was wondering if it can do micro timing in the sequencer?

I heard it is not in production anymore, based on the fact that itā€™s not available anymore and distributor schneidesladen in Berlin has ditched it completely. No, microtiming is not possible

Just found this :slightly_smiling_face: