Automate the Models?

Is automation possible with the Models?

If you put the Cycles into Live Record mode (hold [REC] and tap [PLAY]), and play the ā€œkeysā€ or twist the knobs, the changes/additions get recorded.

I assume itā€™s the same with the Samples (ā€˜cos itā€™s the same with every other Elektron that has a sequencer).

Many thanks my friend, Iā€™ll try asap. Iā€™d like to automate a change of pitchā€¦ :smiley:

One thing to note, the automation is quantised to steps, because the Elektrons use step sequencers. Recording knob movements adds ā€œparameter locksā€ it doesnā€™t ā€œdraw a curveā€ like in a DAW.

Automating a pitch change might be better with an LFO.

Iā€™ve tried but I didnā€™t get what I wanted

Youā€™re right, it automates alright but the result is terrible. Iā€™ve got to try again using the LFO until I like what I get. Anyway, thanks again.

Yeah, sadly the sample rate of automation is very low, 1 change per step and no smooth changes.

If you want smooth automation your options are LFO, live performance, external automation and recording a live performance as a sample on another device.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Itā€™s kind of crazy that you canā€™t turn on smooth automation as an option. Korg has had it for over 20 years.

How can I delete recorded automation? Thank you.

Automated steps are p-locks, you delete the automation by while pressing them, moving the highlighted knob and press play.

2 Likes