Automate selection in Syntakt sound browser via Ableton

Last resort here, since I can’t for the life of me figure out how or if this is even possible:

I have a set in Ableton and want to know if there’s a way to automate selecting sounds from the browser on the Syntakt instead of changing patterns, as this is quite limiting in terms of how much space it will eat up over the course of a 2 hour performance.

I want to automate as much of the procedural parts of my set as possible, leaving most of my focus for twisting those knobs and playing with FX sends.

Example: I’m using all available tracks on the Syntakt for a specific pattern. Let’s say I got a bass going on track 1 and for a transitional part, I want to select a predetermined different sound from the sound browser. I don’t see anything in the MIDI implementation for this, nor am I able to map a parameter in over bridge. Am I missing something here?

Manually going into the sound pool, searching, and initializing a patch in tempo requires too much coordination and offers little margin for error.

Someone help!!!

Don’t think you can u less you can send all of the midi cc’s for all parameters and engine type
Or maybe use a conditional trigless sound lock , and hold page down to turn on the new sound and off the old

1 Like

You’ve probably already thought of this and discarded the idea, but, what about making a copy of that pattern just for the transition and then making the change there,

Is there no easy bar/measure boundary where you could switch patterns ?

Or do you (like me) dislike making copies that you later have to change in sync with eachother ?

EDIT: oops remark not relevant to OP who said “instead of changing patterns”

1 Like

In the 2nd sentence ‘instead of changing patterns’

2 Likes