Auto channel midi mapping

At korg, roland, akai this had either not happened or taken 12 month to get an updated manual.

Now back to overbridge everyone #kidding

3 Likes

I just got my (long anticipated) midi foot controller (MC6 MkII) and am setting it up with Track recorders and pickups to test different configurations. Fun, to say the least! (Why did I wait so long !?)

Is there a way to use the HOLD recording mode? Did not find anything to control this over midi, would be great if this would work.

Got a clue @sezare56 ?

Merci d’avance :wink:

HOLD : Note on = rec, note off = stop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

THANKS will try this in a bit even for a MIDI noob …t hat’s easier than I thought … :wink:

Folks get lazy with a forum and members like this :joy:

Impec

I learned answering in forums. :wink:
If you can hold a note with your controller it should work.

2 Likes

So happy to found this post!

I just set up my midi keyboard for the octatrack over midi 4+. Everything worked. I only couldn’t explain why the auto channel triggers stuff like mute/unmute/recording or changes the tracks by hitting notes on the keyboard. So now it’s clear.
Is there maybe a workaround to disable trigs not triggering chromatic trigs? Have to say it can be a bit confusing and I don’t need this trigs so far

thank you.

1 Like

+1 on this, I recently posted on the subject. I have always thought that using notes for commands instead of CC’s is stupid. One single CC has 128 values, with 2 of them we have the whole range of commands covered.

1 Like

What is Toggle Seq sync referring to actually? I can’t seem to notice it doing anything

AFAIK it toggles between Pickup sync and sequencer sync, as you’d do with Track + Tempo with a Pickup.

1 Like
3 Likes

Does anyone else want direct/remote/simultaneous control of all the ComboRec buttons on the (one) MIDI Auto Channel ?

I don’t understand why Elektron put the ability to control Machine play, Track play, and such all under one Auto channel, yet left any/all the recording/sampling controls of a track under per-channel control.

At present, the OT can control all of the trigger/play/etc of multiple Audio tracks through the Auto channel… BUT to trigger recording/sampling on multiple tracks, you have to either

• eat up multiple MIDI channels to use that track/channel’s ComboRec (and similar) messages

OR

• use the Auto channel’s ComboRec message, and manually pick/switch tracks on the OT’s buttons.

Would anyone else want to request an update to get (another) 8 MIDI notes on Auto channel to hit the ComboRec (up to) 8 tracks ?

What do you friends think ?

I just picked up a foot controller and been trying to make it work with flex machine recording.

Does anyone know if there is a note/CC to stop the active track sample playback? There is E4 (64) for ‘Pickup Play/Stop’ but it doesn’t work for stopping the sample on a flex track. Also tried sending just C6 NoteOff from the chromatic trigger range, but it doesn’t work either.

There are CCs to mute track, or set LEVEL or AMP VOL to 0 / -63.

You can use a Play Free track you can start/stop.

1 Like

Yeah, I ended up using the mutes for this.

Looks like pickup machines are better though. My idea was that I could make a setup where I record short phrases and then trigger/untrigger them with my foot. Pickup can do this, it’s just a bit weird because it needs careful setup to avoid messing with the sequencer tempo.

Yes, for the first loop (master). And monitoring is for active track only.

If you play the recording with C6 note on you should be able to stop it with C6 note off.
But C5-C7 notes can’t be quantized by QPLAY iirc. C2/G2 can be quantized.
Plays Free tracks can be quantized but their length is fixed.

I want to use Flex, but I may use both for a live setup. I planned to make one before the end of the year…

2 Likes