AUM (iOS)

I thought maybe AUM deserves it’s own thread.
I’m taking a page out of @GirTheRobot’s book and kicking this off, (like they did for Drambo… and yes, AUM and Drambo may be an :apple: :green_apple: & :orange_circle: :orange_heart: comparison… but these aren’t the droids you’re looking for…).

I know we have the iPad Music Apps thread. but sometimes maybe people just wanna talk about AUM.

It occurred to me last night that I might like it very much if the big square plus-button (I think that’s how it’s referred to in docs) were accessible from the left OR the right.
Perhaps this is left-handed people’s problems, (I am a lefty). On a given project:
I find myself accumulating lots of tracks and typically focusing whatever is in-progress closer to the left. I usually have one or two lanes dedicated to midi/rozeta. There might be another midi lane in the middle some where If I’m multi tracking drums. I suppose I could bookmark a dummy track on the extreme right and then hop back to the plus button when I want a new track. likely, the first thing I’m going to do is drag that track all the way to the left for focus… I don’t think I move tracks around all that much after that. Maybe closer to “done” so I have access to controls that matter in the right order.
This is a minor quality of life issue, but I’ve decided to share because I’m curious about how other people get around in AUM.
Care to share your AUM workflow tips? Would it make any kind of difference for you if you could reach the big square plus-button on the left? if it was there, where would the newly added tracks added appear, on the left, right?

5 Likes