Audiothingies Doctor A

I compared it with oto bim, oto bam, strymon volante and nightsky and empress reverb (have too many pedals i know). I prefer the warmer sound coming from the otos and strymons. The delay and reverb coming from the dr A are very clean, if that is what you like!

1 Like

How do you assign cv to the knobs? Manual says " To assign a parameter, press and hold CV1 or CV2 button and simply turn the knob you wish to assign."
Which one are the CV1 and CV2 buttons?

Look at the table just above your quoted phrase in the manual

1 Like

Isn’t that for the system settings? Or do you also assign CV from the system settings? Or am I looking at the wrong table? Sry, really can’t find it.

Use Function button CV1 and CV2, while in system settings, otherwise it won’t work

2 Likes

Thx.

I finally bought a Doc A. Man…this thing is just awesome! Of course it’s great to have nice knobs and all, but the sound…! :drooling_face:
Can’t get enough of the spacey delay and bouncy reverb^^ :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

What’s up with the stock ? Is it the last batch ?

It seems the aluminium panel sold out, the matte black panel is still in stock.

Maybe we can summon @elektrosamplist and ask him?

Btw, that’s really some nice dsp magic you cooked there! I’ve been running all my gear through the Doc A for the past days^^

3 Likes

Indeed

Glad you like it, it took lots of listening time to fine tune the algorithms

8 Likes

He @elektrosamplist, When are you opening shop again? :smiley:

@elektrosamplist
@Schnork
Quick stupid question: I had the Doctor A on a send/return on my board setup with kill dry and both input/output to stereo (although sends were mono on my board).
Question: I now use it with Subharmonicon. I am not sure if I should use it the same way.
I mean the Subharmonicon outs in mono; should I keep it (Doctor A) in stereo I/O using a stereo to 2 mono INs and then 2 mono OUTs to a stereo IN into Digitakt input Left?
Or should I just plug my Subharmonicon mono into Left of Doctor A and OUT Left of Doctor A into DT Left input?
Any advice?

IIRC you can go mono into left input with Doc A set to stereo input and stereo output. The mono signal will be on both sides (so basically left input is normalled to right input like on other effects). I´m not 100% sure, have it in mono input mode hooked up to two aux sends so I can send channels to delay and reverb independently (and conviniently return on a single stereo return) and only briefly tested other configurations, but if I remember correctly I had it set up with a mono input before.

1 Like

@Schnork
Thank you for your input, much appreciated as ever :slight_smile:
Think I will go this way:
Subharmonicon OUT to Doctor A IN Left
Doctor A OUT Left to Digitakt IN Left
Will leave Doctor A in stereo IN/OUT
Will test if I leave Doctor in KillDry though.
Thanks again :pray:

1 Like

From the manual :

With Dual Mono In and Stereo Out you are good to go.

I would go : SubH > Doctor A Left, Doctor A Stereo Out > DT Stereo In

1 Like

Interesting… Thanks for the input.
Though I would rather coming in DT Left only as DFAM will go in DT Right…
What would the option be in this case?

1 Like

I used it in stereo in and stereo out mode and a mono source connected to left input, but used both outputs L/R.
Not sure if you can use just one output.

1 Like

How about using a stereo to 2 mono adapter cable in that case? Feasible?

Hmm…DFAM > Doctor A Right Input

1 Like

It also depends if you want to give the DFAM and SubH the same set of Delay/Reverb.

DT also has Dual Mono In, Stereo Out (latest OS).

1 Like