Audiointerface/Mixer advice with plenty inputs

Not sure if you mentioned budget at all. So I will just recommend away :slight_smile:

An Antelope Orion 32+ has 32 ins.

A Presonus Quantum 4848 also gives you 32 inputs at half the price of the Antelope Orion.

Alternatively you could get an interface that has 2xADAT in/outs (eg a UAD Apollo x6 or 8) and get two Behringer ADA8200s which would give you a total of 8+8+8 = 24 hardware inputs… with an Apollo that wouldn’t be too cost effective, but I’m sure there are cheaper interfaces out there.

OR Alternatively you could chain up two or three UAD Apollos via Thunderbolt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Digital Mixers are also great (Presonus, Allen & Heath, Behringer x32) but they do usually have quite a footprint space-wise and the fewest support ADAT which is really annoying when it comes to expanding ins/outs.

I think many manufacturers are dropping ADAT support in favour of their own propriety network protocols which is a shame.

I’ve bought a refurbished Focusrite Clarett 8 prex + 2x ada8200 and could not be happier.
I really really like the Clarett (i use Mac though)Very low latency via thunderbolt and great DAC for the price. So for about 1170,00 US (or 1550 can$) i have 24 in / out.

1 Like

MOTU 828 ES as the master Audio Interface (Stackable via AVB Network). After that, if you need more Inputs, you can add a MOTU 24AI or a MOTU 24 AO if you need more Outputs.

Question before I buy Orion 32+
Can I reloop dsub out into dsub in?
I want to use a ableton and traktor, want to route ableton into 4 decks traktor
But I don’t want to use jack or soundflower for ‘digital routing’, and I thought…. Since dsub is just a cable, I can send audio from Orion to Orion, from ableton to traktor, by using one dsub cable and sending signal from the Orion output, immediately to the input of the orion33+