AudioFuse Studio

looks very interesting for someone with a couple of synths, but for some reason there’s no thread here yet. anyone using this interface? would love to hear your experiences!

i’m wondering if this is usable at all in standalone mode - and how flexible the routing possibilities are compared to eg. Totalmix.

I just got one for all my DAW/audio interface needs. I’m neither a DAW nor audio interface person, but it’s been easy enough to get all the features working as expected except for one problem: I can’t get external line or Bluetooth audio into the DAW. Can anyone help?

I’m using REAPER (though I also quickly tried with Logic Pro X) on my MacBook Pro 16" Catalina, where my VST’s all work properly. I create a track for the AudioFuse Studio’s audio in, and all of the AFS’s audio inputs are selectable in the track’s dropdown menu, so I select the correct audio in. There’s no FX enabled for the channel. I know my audio selection is correct and that the computer is receiving this audio in because the AudioFuse Control Center app shows activity on the correct channels. I’ve gone through that app’s settings to see if anything will enable audio in the DAW. The DAW track is record-armed, but there’s simply no audio coming through. I try selecting the AFS’s other audio inputs for that track, but there’s nothing there as expected

Meanwhile, the audio from VST’s on the other tracks is all OK. REAPER’s settings specify the correct audio device, and if there’s some buried setting that’s preventing audio here, I don’t see it. I’ve tried restarting REAPER.

The manual documents a standalone mode on page 24.

The problem is solved. Since Mojave, you have to give a DAW access to the microphone in Security & Privacy or else it’s locked out of the whole audio interface.

I have the AudioFuse Studio as well as the AudioFuse 8pre as a ADAT expander to the studio. (using two toslinks cables to connect them)

The units can be used in stand alone mode, But settings gain for (line inputs) unmuting/muting tracks will require the software to do as well as any routing using the CUE mixes.

As of now there are two cue mixes available on the AudioFuse Studio and one on the 8pre. More will be added in future updates though.

As for routing capabilities compared to RME or MOTO it’s not on the same level i would say, the benefit from both RME and MOTO is that you can use an ipad or any computer hooked up to the network to control them. This is not possible with the Arturia interfaces, i would love to see an ipad app to control them, but i very much doubt that won’t be possible since they lack any network connectivity to enable that.

All in all I’m very happy with the AudioFuse series, it works great and sounds really good. The drivers seems to be stable on both OSX and Windows from my experience.

The audioFuse Studio has some of the best on board controls in this form factor and price range imho.

But if you’r after an interface for completely stand alone mode you’r better off looking towards RME or MOTO imho.

I would speak to Arturia about any problems you have. In my experience the support they provide has been quick and first class.

A bit of an old thread, but I am thinking about picking up a AudioFuse Studio. It seems like a great feature set for the price. Any happy or unhappy users out here? Thoughts on conversion quality? I’m coming from an old Apogee DUET 2, which sounds great but is starting to crap out on me. So I would like to replace it with more inputs and preferably at least equal sonic quality to the DUET. Any thoughts would be appreciated!