Audio routing through syntakt over usb

so basically, can I route audio over usb from ableton into the syntakt (or A4 mk2 or Digitone), use the overdrive, then send back into ableton?

Nope. Unfortunately not possible. You need to use the physical inputs. So you could use an audio interface with a pair of extra outputs to syntakt’s inputs, treat with overdrive and back to DAW via overbridge (or aggregated device with other audio interface)

Edit: said yes first but that’s incorrect. Was thinking about Digitakt for some reason. It’s late.

Edit edit: @Humanprogram is correct !

1 Like

thought they would have similar architecture with routing possibilities…was fumbling about with routing just now, and I am sure its possible…although at the moment, I can see the audio meter having serious feedback so I daren’t click the channel in at the moment lol. think its in the daw routing, like having my interface as the output, and syntakt as the input. may blow something up though so have to be a little less gung ho :rofl:

Yeah maybe I should have checked. Never used ST for this purpose to be completely honest. You can use it as a 2in2out interface obviously but I thought the usb in would just be routed to the out and not actually be used as the substitute for the physical ins that you can route through the fx block.

it may be a case where in apple os, you can use the audio aggregate settings to make this work…just gotta make sure I dont blow it all up :rofl:

Overbridge manual says it should be possible (p. 42, manual updated 10th of May, 2023):

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Cordially,
Norman

In USB-MIDI +Audio (I.e. non-Overbridge) mode, there’s an option in Audio Routing menu for routing usb audio-in to Pre or Post FX. Not sure about the exact setup in Ableton, but I think what you want to do is possible.

3 Likes

if It means I can send audio out of the daw into the syntakt over usb and use the distortion and send it back into the daw then yes…lol

1 Like

cool beans, sure I will figure it out. asking the question as im using the syntakt and Digitone as travel companions whilst working away. could probably just use the audio outs on the audient id4 back into its line in but could potentially get feedback loop :grimacing: