Audio Routing Help for Beginner!

Greetings All,

I’m a relative beginner with a DT and an M:S. I have been using the DT as an interface for a while now and I’m looking to use an EQ VST for the final output to my speakers, so I’ve connected the DT to an Audiobox 96 interface utilising a standalone EQ VST on my laptop, however, all i can hear is the DT playing strainght through the interface.

Apologies if I’m not explaining this well, I am new to this but eager to learn. Thanks in advance.

It looks like that interface has a inputs/playback mixer knob, if you just want to hear the audio from the DAW then you’ll want to turn the knob all the way over to playback. And you need to make sure the audio setup in the DAW is correct too of course.

2 Likes

Christ on a bike…That’s it. Much appreciated!!!

2 Likes

Probably exactly this, but be aware that the knob exists because real time monitoring sometimes comes with heavy latency, so if you find some strange minor delay occurring between your actions on the DT and the playback, it’s probably due to latency and is generally expected to some degree. Nowhere near as noticeable unless you’re trying to real time monitor your live recording (performative).

1 Like